3.4.5 to 3.4.6 upgrade - Template Merge Center - am confused

steve00

Not sure why the template merge center is reporting changes between 3.4.5 and 3.4.6 (you know the 'red' and 'green' highlighted text)

If look at sample screenie below there doesn't appear to be any changes at all in the lines of text to me it is basically saying replace the 'red highlighted text with the 'green' highlighted text but to be honest I cannot see why as they look exactly the same (other than having extra 'spaces' at the end that could be removed .... and there are a lot of them that are exactly the same and this is so annoying that got to read through every single bit of highlighted code to see if any difference before can make the required changes.

Can someone please tell me if I am right and if so then why would we have to replace all the text with exact same text ??

If it is due to the extra 'spaces' to be removed then why were they not removed in 3.4.5 before release ... and why worry about them now ?

post-138872-0-48313000-1383062346_thumb.

Here is another one ... why do they need changing from the 'red' to the 'green' ... what is the difference ??

post-138872-0-44297700-1383062735_thumb.

Yes, it's the spaces in the screenshots you've posted (the second one may be a spaces to tabs conversion). They're not important in terms of the diff report, but they are registered as a "difference".

I can't say why they weren't removed in 3.4.5 or earlier. Most likely the honest answer is simply that no one noticed them.

If we happened to notice them while working on 3.4.6 then they would have been removed.

In that case we'd need an "official" one released by IPS. For instance yours shows changes in Nexus but mine doesn't even show any Nexus templates. Templates that have never been altered have not been overwritten so I'm even more confused than normal :smile:

On edit - Forget that. I've just ran it again and it's produced them this time. Strange.

In that case we'd need an "official" one released by IPS. For instance yours shows changes in Nexus but mine doesn't even show any Nexus templates. Templates that have never been altered have not been overwritten so I'm even more confused than normal :smile:

On edit - Forget that. I've just ran it again and it's produced them this time. Strange.

phew, glad you tried again as was starting to get concerned myself as to why mine should be different, beginning to thing had a problem with my board.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To upgrade from any version of IP.Board to 3.4.6, you just upload ALL files included with the IP.Board 3.4.6 download that are in the /upload folder.

If you've not performed an upgrade before, you might try using the IPS Auto-Upgrade tool, or submit a ticket and request a tech perform the upgrade for you.

Keep in mind, IPS can upgrade your community, but cannot upgrade your custom skins.

Archived