Community

[XI] Server Management

Rugger

[XI] Server Management

[XI.34] Server Management

[XI.34] Server Management is an application aimed at gaming communities. The core feature is to share information about the servers you run to your members and player base. The secondary feature is share credential information to select groups on your website. 

Core Features:

• Live server querying for online players and the current map
  • Dedicated server list and credential list pages
  • Credential manager for sharing specific passwords with website groups per server
  • IP.Content and board index hook for server list display
  • Multiple themes for server list display so you can select what fits your website best
  • Map image retrieval and management using GameTracker
  • Server country flag display using GeoIP
  • Option to use hostnames rather than IP addresses
  • Instant join icons for voice servers and Steam supported games
  • HLSW and Xfire bookmarking integration
  • BigBrotherBot Repository manager for viewing of server chat logs (Beta)
This application uses two external utilities:

Brought to you by the XtremeIdiots Gaming Community

Update Notes:

Please take a backup of your server management database tables before updating to ensure there is no loss of data.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/23/2013
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
  • Support Info
    <p>I will give support via this forum or additionally I can be contacted through my main forums xtremeidiots.com</p>
  • Supported Versions
    IP.Board 3.4.x

Loving this addon, one thing I would like to see added is the ability to include a game image using the add game settings area. Also the Server I.P shows above the banner code rather than the Server name inputted. I think it should show the server name at the top and keep the I.P / Port to the left of the Banner

See here: http://forums.pwnagedistribution.com/index.php?app=servermgmt

Regards,

James

Just an update for the development of this application. I am looking to have an update out by the end of next week if I have the time.

I will be adding three different types of server list for the main display. Querying for the live player and map data and building that information into the server list display. Standardizing the templates and language pack to conform the standards of how an IP.Board application should be released.

As a teaser I have attached some images of what the 'minimal' server list view looks like so far.

post-277828-0-38554600-1383089241_thumb.

post-277828-0-28892100-1383089243_thumb.

post-277828-0-07738600-1383089244_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated the application and have added many of the requested features. Server querying (done by a scheduled task) is now available for many games and the online players visible on the front end. There are three different views to allow the site owners to choose what is best.

I have changed allot and am aware that there may now be bugs as this is no longer a simple application. Please give constructive feedback if you have it.

I agree with the charge hence buying it. I like the minimal interface, I assume hooks can be created at some point later where a hook of a server can be shown on the forum sidebar. Couple of things:

a) There is HLSW and XFire buttons - can you add Steam?

b) The credentials button should be hidden if you dont have access.

c) If I click on the "I" button for the query, on a 1280x800 screen like on my test laptop, the view is terrible and of no use. The box that pops up should be moved to the middle of the screen and made more compact.

d) For the minimal interface. The width is hard coded e.g. server name, so if you resize your screen (not everybody use 1920x1280), the page looks a bit squashed. Not tested but I assume viewing the page from a mobile device will be less than good.

e) For the server query, how often does it pull the data? I dont want the gameservers to be hammered by queries but so far it looks fine. I know in the past some scripts have caused servers to crash.

Overall a great update. Some tweaks needed on the interface. The potential for it is great both as part of IPB and as a stand alone program. Would be nice to see an option to add own maps similar to http://www.greycube.com/site/download.php?list.10 and more compact interface similar to the no longer developed http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5844-p33-server-list/ Another feature is for players to create their own banners using the server details hosted by the game provider similar to http://momo.blackpulse.us/generator/

Brilliant program, keep up the good work.

Thanks for your feedback!

Firstly - hooks are a definite yes. I am looking to add a few different style of hooks for various locations of the site as well as blocks for IP.Content.

a) Yes I can add steam - not sure why I didn't before :)

b) I agree with that, will implement.

c) For a temp fix you can change 'bottomRight' to 'auto' in the hoverJavascript template under skin_servermgmt. I played around with this but none of the options work 100% to be honest. I may add a setting to allow the webmaster to choose what they think best suits the site.

d) I will look into what changes can be made to make the view more compatible with other screen sizes.

e) The query currently runs every 5 minutes. I will be adding some form of 'feedback' from the task to the ACP for errors and debugging settings as well as more control over the task itself.

Adding your own map images is on my list of things to add; I like those resources you linked to and will attempt to build in a way of mass importing image files.

Just generally I will look at improving the styling and layout. The banners feature sounds interesting but will have to wait for a future update.

Thanks again - your feedback is greatly appreciated.

c) For a temp fix you can change 'bottomRight' to 'auto' in the hoverJavascript template under skin_servermgmt. I played around with this but none of the options work 100% to be honest. I may add a setting to allow the webmaster to choose what they think best suits the site.

The auto didnt work for me. It would not work at all or show right-right and not the whole box. Best view was to add/edit to 400px on all three lines, at least the popup was shown OK but there is a scroll going downwards which is hard to use. I dont know enough about JS to make the box static say 400px X 600 and then scrollbars. Or something similar to that.

Please note that this script will not work on IPS Hosting (if people ask). As far as pulling data every 5min, maybe an option where we could edit the time. Mine is fine I think but I am on a dedicated server pulling data from another dedicated server. I think you said this would be developed more so not a problem right now. The pulling of data works great.

I have added a snapshot. For me there is too much space between servername, IP, slots and map including the icons on the right. Is there a way to make it auto so it will auto adjust? Or let the blocks cut off after amount of characters allowed. If more compact, there would also be room for more blocks e.g. admin features/icons and others.

post-370042-0-47757900-1384261884_thumb.

I am spamming this topic:). One feature that would be good: The option for members/players/groups to submit servers. Say you want one page to show what you host of gameservers (updated by yourself as you do now). Clans or other groups within the community or even guests can submit their own favourite server(s) which will then be approved by a moderator before it gets listed on a separate list.

• 3 weeks later...

Server Query is failing with Battlefield 4. Any ideas? We host the IPB on our server.

Edit:

Got it to work by updating the protocol from GameQ, but when I use "Detailed" for server list style i get this:

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/uploads/servermgmt/bf4/MP_Prison.jpg) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/modules_public/servers/servers.php on line 213

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/modules_public/servers/servers.php:213) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx.com/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/modules_public/servers/servers.php:213) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxx.com/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/modules_public/servers/servers.php:213) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/modules_public/servers/servers.php:213) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.com/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/modules_public/servers/servers.php:213) in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxx.com/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Also, when adding a Hidden: Source server to it I get:

Warning: curl_setopt(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/admin/applications_addon/other/servermgmt/tasks/queryServers.php on line 146

When running the task.

Also, any plans to support the Vertical Server Banners? I prefer to run both on my site so that people can get quick info when they want it, or can get detailed info when the server is claimed with the vertical banner.

For BF4 support I am not sure, the application only acts as a wrapper for it. If you PM me your server IP and port for both the BF4 server and the Hidden: Source server I will take a look as I haven't tried that server type before.

For changing the banner you can enter the GameTracker banner code in the servers setting and that will override the default view.

The original error is cause because the map image can not be loaded, I will release a fix for this in the next update - for now you can manually add the images in.

Any news on the game icons as prefix for each server?

Implemented however I am having to branch the project to allow me to improve the code quality and have a more robust system for the next update.

The next update will be code improvement, better standards etc and is aimed to be released before christmas, then I will be looking to release a following update with new features.

1.2.0 is just about ready! I have updated it on my main site: http://www.xtremeidiots.com/index.php?app=servermgmt&module=servers&section=servers and will leave it overnight for my members to look at and see if there is anything major to change before I release it.

The changelog is as follows:

- Positioning of hover boxes set from 'bottomRight' to 'auto'

- servermgmt_servers.banner_code changed from VARCHAR(200) to TEXT(5000)
- Added directory and file check to prevent errors when attempting to get map image
- Updated GameQ files that are released with the application
- Added BF4 support
- Added single server view
- Adjusted hover boxes to have a max height of 250px
- Set a max height for the player list on the detailed view
- Added game icon display before server name
- Hide credentials button if there is nothing to show to the user
Update Notes:
- Game icon support has been added but management postponed for a future release.
- Various display changes have been made, I will add settings in the next release to control these.
Postponed for future update:
- Add steam favourite icon and support to games
- Add maps database table and allow image editing with additional map adding and uploading support
- Add game icon field to database table and allow uploading of new icons
- Add setting for displaying of server flag
- Add setting for displaying of game icon
- Add setting for the hover box heights
- Add in task settings in the servermgmt module
- Change overview to display cached data totals; server count, player count
- Investigate better display compatibility for different screen sizes

If there are no major problems tomorrow I will have the update uploaded and ready for you :smile: I have attached a couple of screenshots to this post for you to see, or you can see it on my main site. As I have said previously - this update is aimed at fixing bugs more than adding features, you can add your own map images and icons by uploading them yourself; management of these will be added in a future release.

post-277828-0-78478900-1387488202_thumb.

post-277828-0-98487300-1387488205_thumb.

Sounds good and very promising. A lot of hard work gone in to this. However, once the user base is up, can push the price up to $20 per license :).

Have a question. I have a couple of Call of Duty MW2 servers. I tried to create a new game and called it ModWarfare 2 but it would not query the server. I tested using COD4 server details and that worked fine. I am wondering if cod4 code could be duplicated to 'mw2' with mw2 icon, and it would just work fine?.

Haha that's a thought! not sure if I will push the price up anymore tbh, $10 seems reasonable for the current feature set :)

I am not sure about changing the GameQ code in any way as that would interfere with people updating the library themselves. You could try duplicating it yourself though. If you add the MW2 details in but as a COD4 entry does it query successfully? Something could be if that is the case. I didn't think that MW2 had dedicated servers though?.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Any thought to IP Content blocks for individual servers or a way to remove bots as players?

There are IP.Content blocks included in the next release however not for single servers, that is something that can be looked at though. Removing bots is also included in the next release.

No current ETA for the release however but the features are coded.

Regards.