Send Email in Profile

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Send Email in Profile

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 07 Aug 2013

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook add an ajax form on your board so your members can send emails to other members in their profiles.

Group Settings (new tab on Manage Member Group):

• Can send emails in profiles?
  • Override "Send me news and information" permission?
  • Number of Allowed Emails
  • Period: hour or day

here to download this file

this is probably a really isolated thing but when in PM to a member and hovering over membercard option to send email not there.

don't think this is really a bug or issue, very seldom would a person want to send email while in the actual pm app to that person.

tested a few times and seems to work well, thanks very much for this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Step 2: Admin CP Setup

Still inside the Admin CP, visit the System tab -> Tools & Settings -> System Settings page, and click on the Hooks tab. There will be a section here entitled (SOS34) Send Email in Profile. Click on this to adjust the settings for this hook, then click the Update Settings button.

i was tallkin about step 2.

But is working, i give permissions in the group members.

are you portuguese ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2013 at 11:31 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Hello,

Problem/bug:

There is a problem with the application "send email in profile" . After sending 1 or 2 emails the buttons to send emails disappear from all sides, regardless of the settings that put the anti -spam options (maximum email per hour or day). However I can confirm that for other users who have not yet sent the buttons appear .

A personal request:

It is possible to make a change and also put (send email) button in the member list ?

2 minutes ago, micronx said:

There is a problem with the application "send email in profile" . After sending 1 or 2 emails the buttons to send emails disappear from all sides, regardless of the settings that put the anti -spam options (maximum email per hour or day). However I can confirm that for other users who have not yet sent the buttons appear .

Are you sure this is right ? 2 years without a single claim about this. This is something that would be noticed by others if had this issue, I presume.

Anyway, I will have to install a 3.4 board to test. I'll do it asap. Follow this topic to get notified.

Archived