ACP User Group Management Ordering

Ozpicious

Probably more the aspie in me than anything, it just drives me nuts that I can't order them and have say for example the validating group first on the list then members, then any groups following it (subscription groups etc) followed by admin at the bottom of the list... Is purely for the admin side and organising of things.

I agree, this would be extreamly helpful on my side too, just makes it easier to organised everything. It could also lead to which groups are the more important.

For example, mine would be:

Validating
Members
Premium
Sectional Mod

Global Mod

Administrator
Senior Administrator

Which could make Guest be the least important to Senior Admin which is the top group?

I agree, this would be extreamly helpful on my side too, just makes it easier to organised everything. It could also lead to which groups are the more important.

For example, mine would be:

Validating
Members
Premium
Sectional Mod

Global Mod

Administrator
Senior Administrator

Which could make Guest be the least important to Senior Admin which is the top group?

mine is the opposite :P

aa2i.png

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I've finished a plugin I started a while back... that's not exactly what's requested here but it has its usage. See:

toTmmK9.png

A new page is created to drag and drop groups, reording them. The main page of Groups in ACP remains intact due to the way IPS developed it. It isn't hookable, so I can't change it easily.

So what's the benefit of using the plugin? The plugin will reorder groups across the whole suite: ACP and front-end, whey IPS uses the cache (data store) to load group; basically, everywhere. I don't remember another place where they do not use it beyond Groups ACP pages.

Examples using the order from the image above:

- Application module permission on ACP:

1AbdY7X.png

- Menu Manager:

oyc5kCQ.png

- Plugin Settings:

sPxKQ69.png

- Advanced Search Form:

xS0PkXs.png

- Gallery album restriction:

OBtMyi5.png

Basically, it will display the order you set in the ACP everywhere, except in the Groups page.

As I said, not exactly what this topic requests, but I think it has its use.

I will release it tomorrow. ?

On 4/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, Adriano Faria said:

A new page is created to drag and drop groups, reording them. The main page of Groups in ACP remains intact due to the way IPS developed it. It isn't hookable, so I can't change it easily. 

Managed to reorder the main GROUPS page too:

I will release it today later. ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: waiting to be approved:

Archived