Marketplace, no longer showing supported versions?

Millipede

I'm noticing more and more add-ons in the Marketplace are no longer stating which versions of IPB app they're supposed to work with.

With all due respect, it's going to get a bit tedious posting in support topics to ask if a hook or application (or a newly updated one) works with such-and-such a version and then waiting for a reply, particularly if you'd like to buy an add-on ASAP (eg: like here http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/390389-pm-notice-message/?p=2424516 where I've been waiting 5 days for such a reply).

I'm still on 3.3.4, so would like to know if an add-on I'm interested in works with it.

What is the reasoning behind some add-ons no longer saying which versions they'll work with?

Ah, thanks for the explanation, which I suppose also explains why I'm again getting lots of notifications about updated files which haven't actually been updated... :wacko:

And how tedious for contributors to have to go back and enter the info all over again!

:smile:

well I am pretty sure the embed tweet tag I did doesn't work on 3.4 and 3.4.1 (from prior attempts) yet when choosing version 3.4.x is only thing I can choose. which can make people think it works with 3.4.x when I believe it won't.

so I put 3.4.5 in description at top, its all I can do.

Archived