prettyPhoto instead of Lightbox in 4.0?

Malcolm Reynolds

The current IP.Gallery lightbox seems to be based off Highslide. I also have a hook in the marketplace that replaces the stock IP.Board lightbox for post attachments and IP.Download previews with Highslide in the marketplace, if you're interested,

I really like Highslide (hence why I made a hook for it), but I feel like I've recalled someone here saying something along those lines Saiga.. I might be wrong though, my memory can be terrible. It'd be interesting to see what they come up with if they are going custom though :P

I've always liked Highslide too, but prettyPhoto is pretty decent looking.

The the thing I like about Highslide is that is can be, or NOT be modal. Sometimes it's REALLY useful to have the lightbox dialog be movable and let you have more than one open at a time. That lets members see a couple of large size images side by side for comparison and also move them out of the way so they can read the primary text content and still refer to the full size image(s).

Having ONLY a modal popup as an option really limits what you can do. Not saying prettyPhoto CAN'T do that, I don't know it that well.

I hope that when IPS makes a choice on a new lightbox solution they consider giving the admin some options in exactly what kind of lightbox behavior would work best for THEIR particular community.

James

I hope that when IPS makes a choice on a new lightbox solution they consider giving the admin some options in exactly what kind of lightbox behavior would work best for THEIR particular community.

Or they could layout the framework for it so that it can be easily overridden..which I think they did.

Archived