[IP.Board 3.4] Invite System

Adriano Faria

[IP.Board 3.4] Invite System

This hook will make your board only accept new registrations from users who have received an invite.

Features

•  Number of posts a member must make to gain an invite
  • Number of days to expire the invite
  • User groups who can invite
  • User groups who has unlimited invites
  • Intregrated to Mailchimps:  when someone subscribes to your list, will receive an invite to your board

Copyright Note

• This hook is an upgrade of INVITE SYSTEM for IP.Board 3.0.X, by beeman.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The invite key can be reused. I registered an account with the invite key.. Once that account was registered. I was able to click on the same key in email and was taking back to the register screen to re-create another account.

Can the resend key link be removed once the invite key is converted, because it should no-longer be needed, right ?

2rpr41k.png

• 2 weeks later...

The invite key can be reused. I registered an account with the invite key.. Once that account was registered. I was able to click on the same key in email and was taking back to the register screen to re-create another account.

Can the resend key link be removed once the invite key is converted, because it should no-longer be needed, right ?

2rpr41k.png

What's New in Version 1.0.1:
  • Removed link RESEND invite from Converted Invites screen
  • Fix: Not possible anymore to use the invite more than once if it's already converted

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, where should I see the "Invite Friends" section? I'm totally lost. Does it require open registration? Because right now my forum is totally closed for new registrations.

Or maybe it's a theme problem? because when I click on my name I only see:

• "My Profile
  • My Settings
  • My Content
  • Content I Follow
  • Manage Friends
  • Manage Ignore Prefs
  • Personal Messenger"

Dumb Question time lol

IF say I made my website by "invite only" and a non member wanted an invite is there a way for them to "request" say via a button to perhaps a form to complete ?

Hope this makes sense, I am trying to find a way to stop a nuisance making 100's of accounts just to be a pain in the butt

This hook will make your board only accept new registrations from users who have received an invite.

I like the idea of this hook, but I need to have my board open for registration to all users.

I would like to have the ability for my users to invite others - and to have a kind of competition or whatever to see who invites most people to the board. Is that possible to do with the hook as it is today?

Archived