[K-34] Highslide Lightbox

Makoto

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [K-34] Highslide Lightbox

File Submitter: ⚔ Kirito

File Submitted: 10 Jul 2013

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x

NOTE: If upgrading from v1.0.0, please uninstall the hook completely first or you will get duplicated settings. You will also need to re-upload everything in the upload folder.

What is "Highslide?"
Highslide is a lightbox or "JavaScript Thumbnail Viewer." This hook is meant to offer a drop-in replacement for IP.Boards native lightbox. If you want a preview of Highslide in action, see the demo link.

What all does this hook support?
This hook currently works with post attachments, linked images and IP.Downloads preview images. This hook does not currently function with IP.Gallery.

Will this hook work for linked posts?
Due to a bug, this hook will not currently work for linked images, only attachments.

Known issues:

• This hook will cause image attachments to break in the mobile template. Linked images are unaffected.
  • Linked images do not parse correctly (and support for them has been temporarily disabled)

By downloading this hook you agree to the following terms and conditions,.
  1. [*]
Licensing - This hook is completely free for use: you are allowed to use and modify it however you wish. You are welcome to use and redistribute this modification in your own hooks, applications or templates within the IPS marketplace, so long as your submission remains free. This hook is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. [*]Support - This is a freely distributed hook and support will only be offered on a limited basis. [*]Commercial Use - If you wish to use this hook on a commercial website, please purchase a commercial license from Highslide

[url= here to download this file

didn't the manual install way have the directional controls on it?

by that I mean the arrows to open next similar to lightbox.

been so long since I had it I forget but was looking to do it again so snapped this hook up, very easy way to install it thank you.

The old guide I wrote uses Highslide's gallery for attachments. This hook just uses the regular lightbox effect without the gallery, which I think works far better for attachments.

You can open multiple images at once and freely move them around your screen without it obstructing your view of the actual posts. You can also still use the left and right arrow keys to navigate through the images.

I'll probably add an option to re-enable the gallery system in the next release I make though.

Thanks for the feedback.

I think I'll probably add in a setting that lets you input your custom configuration directly actually.

Since I can't add in a setting for every little thing Highslide offers.

This is great! I hope you will made it for IP. Downloads soon. :smile:

Thanks, I'm glad you found it useful. :tongue:

Simple stuff like this is about the extent of what I can do.

Yep, I've always strongly encouraged everyone to use attachments on my forum so I never really thought about it.

I'll see if I can get those to parse as well.

That would be a great feature. I've only disabled attachments because i dont want image hosting + linking to put any strain on my server.

Anyway, this looks like a great hook anyway. Great job. :)

Ok it works. Now is there something in IPB that makes them larger upon clicking?

Wait a minute, I tested it with subpar photos. They do get plenty big. And wow, they load so much faster! OMG! Nice!!!! Thank you!

About 1 out of 20 pictures loaded with the old lightbox. Do I need to rebuild attachment data?

About 1 out of 20 pictures loaded with the old lightbox. Do I need to rebuild attachment data?

Are you sure they're forum attachments and not linked images?

Linked images are not currently parsed. I've added that functionality for the next version, which I'll hopefully have finalized tomorrow.

Are you sure they're forum attachments and not linked images?

Linked images are not currently parsed. I've added that functionality for the next version, which I'll hopefully have finalized tomorrow.

Yes I am certain. I like this so I will update them and then perhaps rebuild. Linked images would be wonderful! :smile:

Perhaps lightbox and Highside are fighting for control? I know you were talking about looking into the gallery. Then we could just shut off lightbox correct?

Yes. They shouldn't fight for control though. The stock lightbox looks for <span rel="lightbox"></span> tags, which this hook strips when enabled and replaces with a highslide classed link.

If you can PM me a page with the problem, I'll happily look into it for you.

Ah, sorry for the slow updates. It's taking me a bit longer to finish than I expected. I didn't want to throw the next version up still in an uncompleted state.

Also, just to note, you'll need to uninstall this hook before upgrading this time. I've cleaned up the code and redone a things, some of the changes will cause duplicate setting entries if you don't uninstall before upgrading. (Unless I can find a way to safely avoid that on upgrade, which I don't think I can).

It's not a big deal though, if you forget you can just reinstall the hook and get it back to normal too. You shouldn't hopefully ever need to do this again when upgrading in the future.

Take your time! :) I am grateful to be getting whatever I do get. :) Thank you. :)

Hey those odd photos ARE external pics after all. But I am perplexed to see an outside photo handled internally. In the same exact topic, if you click on photo bucket or fliker pics it takes you to the site. You hover and it says external pic. But I have some that don't say external pics on hover. You click on them, and the enlarge right in front of you vs taking you to the photo site. Now that is odd!

Updated, please remember to uninstall the hook before upgrading and re-upload all the needed files.

The photo bucket/flickr posts probably give their users BBCode that wraps the image in a link. When you wrap an image in a link, it will just be treated as a regular link, it won't be parsed by any lightbox. (This hook won't change that either.)

For example,

Would send the user to Google.com when they click on the image.

But this would be parsed through your forums lightbox, as it's just a standard image.

Archived