Market place: pretty hard to find things!

Telemacus2

I'm not sure if the Market place search system is any good, but I've always had trouble finding things.

Here are examples which you can try yourself:

- Try to find the FAQ system by HQ. If you type "FAQ", nothing will be found. If you type "questions", nothing will be found. If you type the name of the app, [HSC] FAQ System nothing will be found!. If you try "system", 17 pages, but I couldn't be bothered...

- I remember Adriano made a lottery mod. I typed "lottery" and found just one app, the points system, which isn't his. I went to Adriano's profile, but only some of his recent apps can be found. :-? why can we get a list of all the apps by a coder?

IT's not the first time I've had trouble finding apps that I know exist...

Yeah, I've no idea what the formula is for searching, but it sucks.... and very bad. I still love saying that when I search a skin, I get returned 200 of Adriano's files, that are 100% unrelated to what I was searching for, they didn't even have the same letters....

Guess what file I've searched out of this list, and don't cheat. Which file was I looking for, what file is in common with something else on there?

Winner gets a cookie!

P.S -- I'm going to LOL when someone tries to cheat and searches each one, and then they all use a different relevancy

0omt3x4.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="0omt3x4.png">

- I remember Adriano made a lottery mod. I typed "lottery" and found just one app, the points system, which isn't his. I went to Adriano's profile, but only some of his recent apps can be found. :-? why can we get a list of all the apps by a coder?

Go to the developer's profile and click "Find my content". On the left click on Downloads. There's a list of all of the author's submissions (feel free to click on any other app to find their submissions elsewhere throughout the site). :)

I remember Adriano made a lottery mod. I typed "lottery" and found just one app, the points system, which isn't his. I went to Adriano's profile, but only some of his recent apps can be found. :-? why can we get a list of all the apps by a coder?

Lottery? No... Shouldn't it be Raffle System? But it's not mine anymore.

Hopefully as more and more submitters tag their files this will be another way of finding a suitable file. :)

Not unless there's a tag cloud. Otherwise you have to find a file with that tag in order to do the tag search....

Also, if there WAS a tag cloud, I bet more developers would tag the files. Increased visibility.

Archived