Tagging People on the Board Feature?

jucs

I have had several users ask about this as a future feature of the forum software:

Do you know if there is a way (and maybe you could suggest it to the software developers) to tag people on the board and get notified of tags, like on Facebook and Twitter? On those sites, if you put @ and then the person's name/username, then they get notified and it is a lot easier to keep track of people asking you questions.

Is there any plans or other feedback for such a feature?
Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I'm afraid the mod in question is no longer available in the Marketplace.  

Also, you're not currently showing up as an IPS client.  In order to download any thing from the IPS Marketplace, you must be logged in with a client account.  

Thanks for the quick reply Keith.  So the only option at this point is to upgrade to IPB 4.x?

I am a moderator and admin on an IPS-powered forum, not the actual owner.  I was trying to do some legwork to figure out a solution before bothering the owner with the request.

• 4 months later...

@HiBoost Yes, once IPS4 is officially released, currently in Beta, you would be able to upgrade and get this feature natively.  

You may be able to contact the author directly to obtain the 3.4.x version, however I'm unsure if they are still active.

​Who is the owner though? This is a really useful feature and having it on my forum is a must considering I am not upgrading to 4.0 

• 1 year later...

Archived