Community

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Member Away

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 04 Jul 2013

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will let other users know that you are away for a specific reason. Made specifically for moderation purpose, can be used by any group to inform that you are away for a few days.

here to download this file

Also just some features to think about as far this hook goes.. (Just bought it)

In your member profile... in settings where you set the option to enable Member Away.

Some things to think about is instead of just a simple option that turns it off an on. Maybe kind of a calendar feature that uses a start and end date to kind of set times between when members are away so that a member doesn't forget that to turn it off when he comes back

An alert option that alerts the admin or any group/user that is stated when a user activates this member away option.

More ideas soon to come :P

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

• Added AWAY badge on mini profile (posts, PMs, etc.). A new setting must be ON to show the badge. You can also choose the color badge.
  • Added new tab on Moderator CP -> Manage Members to list all members away. Administrators can remove the AWAY status from other members on that tab. This action will create a new entry on Admin Logs.

Liking this mod! 1 suggestion and maybe to much however, what if when they check enable away message it would put them in a user group (admin could set). We have some members that are away in Iraq and gone for say a year. Its easier for organization to keep them in a separate user group. Just a future idea would love to see.

Great job!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

We love this add-on but have some issues with it. It shows members as being away even though they are not. Here is the support ticket I received from one of our members that noticed this issue:

Hi Az,

The new member away feature is quite nice, and could be used to automatically generate a calendar giving you an overview over who's away during this week (if you could parse the duration of absence from the message).

Now as for the glitch, I think it does not update correctly in old posts. At the very least its inconsistent. For example,

http://www.imperium....t-2/#entry47285

http://www.imperium....ing/#entry45634

in the first link you're 'away', but in the second you're not. Screenshots attached just in case you can't verify it and have no idea what I'm talking about. I reloaded both pages a number of times, alternatingly.

Images showing issue:

post-114071-0-13810600-1376430223_thumb.

post-114071-0-95159700-1376430224_thumb.

I can provide you login info so you can login to our site if needed via a pm.

Regards,

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if it was possible to add 2 features:

1. The date of when the person went away - Like when they choose to go away it'll also store the date and display that in the members away list in mod CP. Ex. Member went away 6th September 2013
  2. The ability for selected groups to add other people away. Ex. you know person A is away but he/she didn't set them self away so you do it for them instead.
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a bug in this hook. When temporarily disabling it from the hooks section it causes an error to spit out and the User Control Panel becomes inaccessible after that!

Please Fix!!!

I have no problem with it: http://www.screencast.com/t/qdNHbdcW

And please, when you see an error, post the error. Simply say that there is an error, will not help anything.

Alright well i am using the steam login integration method. I installed the hook and when trying to disable it. I tried to go into my UserCp and basically the page would not show up. It was just a blank page. After contacting the support team: this is the error they apparently said i was getting:

Fatal error: Class 'membersAway_ucp' not found in /var/www/ratedawesome/forums/hooks/steamLinkAccount_08c2bff1883a29516dbfaed2db871ec3.php on line 8

I re-enabled the member away hook and i could now see the User Control Panel