Age Bracket Requirement

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Age Bracket Requirement

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 30 Jun 2013

File Category: Integration

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will require that members on your board fill the birthday date on Register Screen and User Control Panel (My Settings).

• New accounts only will be registered if they meet minimum age requirement.
  • Users already registered won't be able to do anything else while didn't fill the date. They also need to meet minimum age requirement.

here to download this file

• 1 year later...

Hello I have bought your mod and think it is very good but I have one problem: If a user registers and his entered age is below the set minium, he is still allowed to the next register page / step 3. I think instead they could get an error message straight away. Is this a bug on my site?

Hello I have bought your mod and think it is very good but I have one problem: If a user registers and his entered age is below the set minium, he is still allowed to the next register page / step 3. I think instead they could get an error message straight away. Is this a bug on my site?

Hi there. Step 3 ? Registration process has only 2 steps:

SOS-1408822139-U1.png

Anyway, the error will appear only after the user submits the form. It isn't ajaxed to display an error like happens on username or password.

Ah ... I see!

Maybe that is because I have three steps then?

Step 1 is the display of the user agreement & confirmation. I use the hook from youz to have my users agree to the terms & conditions prior to entering their data ('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>).

Step 2 is the forms / input fields. If a user enters a birthday e.g. being born in 2014 he would still get prompted to Step 3 - the confirmation screen saying an eMail has been sent.

I thought that they would instead get prompted back to Step 1 (or Step 2 in my case) then but not getting their account registered?

Thanks for your thoughts

Ah ... I see!

Maybe that is because I have three steps then?

Step 1 is the display of the user agreement & confirmation. I use the hook from youz to have my users agree to the terms & conditions prior to entering their data ('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>).

Step 2 is the forms / input fields. If a user enters a birthday e.g. being born in 2014 he would still get prompted to Step 3 - the confirmation screen saying an eMail has been sent.

I thought that they would instead get prompted back to Step 1 (or Step 2 in my case) then but not getting their account registered?

Thanks for your thoughts

Just made a test using both hooks and the account isn't created if the age bracket isn't right.

See this video: http://www.screencast.com/t/RTCRYMWw4wih

• Forum Terms & Rules Before Register Screen acts when the registration process starts
  • Age Bracket Requirement acts when when the registration process ends.

They never will be in conflict 'cause they work in different stages of the registration process.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived