Downloads: Additional Authors

InsanelyMacP

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Downloads: Additional Authors

File Submitter: InsanelyMacP

File Submitted: 28 Jun 2013

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x

Show multiple authors for files in IP.Downloads and specify their role in development (configurable in the ACP). Optionally allow additional authors to edit the file and upload new versions

Features:
-Show multiple authors on all downloads
-Specify roles for additional authors (configurable in the ACP). Roles are used to group similar contributors together and give more detailed credit
-Optionally allow additional authors to edit the file and upload new versions on a member-by-member basis (only moderators and the submitter can delete files)
-Submitter and moderators can edit authors
-Show additional authors on support topics with their respective roles

here to download this file

Interesting but the problem in using this kind of thing is that the file is not listed on other submitter profiles.

Example from your board: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/11-pandoraapp/

The user http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/674334-micky1979/ (a second submitter) hasn't this file listed on his profile (Files tab). So it doesn't work for search purposes.

What about the support topic? List them all? It seems to be disabled on your board, at least for that file.

It would be very good if could be implemented.

@Adriano: I'd like to hook into the search for both the profile page and the member content, but haven't yet found a complete way to do that. Maybe in the next version as I agree that is a problem :smile:

Support topics are disabled because we have multiple support-type topics for the same file which cover different aspects. I'll look into adding information to the support topic for those who use them

@avsim: Is the module showing up in the ACP? There should be one named "Additional Authors"

post-142209-0-83206000-1372610330_thumb.

Thanks for the feedback!

@Adriano: I'd like to hook into the search for both the profile page and the member content, but haven't yet found a complete way to do that. Maybe in the next version as I agree that is a problem :smile:

Support topics are disabled because we have multiple support-type topics for the same file which cover different aspects. I'll look into adding information to the support topic for those who use them

Nice! ;)

Updated to include additional authors in support topics :smile:. Configurable via a hook setting so it can be turned off (like custom fields)

@avsim: Found the problem, needed to rename the admin module. New files are included in 1.1 :smile:

Thank you. Adding it now.

Looks great, can it be used for a paid file so nexus splits the commision between the authors? Would it also be possible to set the split between the authors, 50:50, 60:40 etc for first and second author? Thanks for your feedback.

Added the update and though it works in the IPDownloads public section allowing us to add multiple authors, I have no access to changing or adding ROLES in the ACP / OTHER APPS / DOWNLOADS. Nothing appears and I have reset skins and done all I know to do to get that function to appear. Nothing. Any suggestions?

Looks great, can it be used for a paid file so nexus splits the commision between the authors? Would it also be possible to set the split between the authors, 50:50, 60:40 etc for first and second author? Thanks for your feedback.

I would pay to have that added as well.

Three possibilities I can think of without looking myself:

1. ACP restrictions enabled on the account. The ACP module has restrictions so those would need to be configured if the account is restricted

2. There was a folder renamed since the first version (/admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_admin/authors to /admin/applications_addon/ips/downloads/modules_admin/authorroles). If the new folder was not uploaded then the module won't show

3. In ACP > System > Applications & Modules, select "Manage ADMIN Modules" under Downloads and see if a module named "Additional Authors" shows up

Let me know if this helps :smile:

Regarding paid downloads, it would be a great feature, but not being a Nexus user I don't know how feasible it would be :sad: . I'll look into it, but no immediate plans

• 1 month later...

Archived