Translate months

Rainer Lischka_419480

Hi guys,

I try to translate the months (Jan, Feb...Dec) but haven't had luck yet. For example, I want to translate the month "June". I go to AdminPanel -> Look&Feel -> Manage Languages and search in my language pack for this month. I replaced all occurences of June with the new word (word_ids are 'M_6' and 'stats_jun') but no changes are made in the board ('Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:25 PM'). There is still the word June. Can you please tell me where I can change the months?

Thanks in advance.

Hi bfarber and thanks for your reply. You were right, I set the locale to 'de-AT' instead of 'de_AT', which forced the board to set the wrong language. Now there is still a problem with umlauts. In German, March would be 'März', but it shows 'M�rz' instead of umlauts. I know this has something to do with character-encoding. In conf_global.php I set $INFO['sql_charset'] = 'utf8'; So all umlauts are displayed correctly in the posts, only the the months are not displayed correctly.

Again thanks for your help.

I would undo that change and set your locale to this instead, which should solve the problem: de_AT.UTF-8

Note that you can append ".UTF-8" to most locales on most *Nix systems to make them return UTF-8 encoded data (instead of modifying a file to do it manually). If you need help feel free to submit a ticket in your client area.

• 7 months later...

Hi bfarber and thanks for your reply. You were right, I set the locale to 'de-AT' instead of 'de_AT', which forced the board to set the wrong language. Now there is still a problem with umlauts. In German, March would be 'März', but it shows 'M�rz' instead of umlauts. I know this has something to do with character-encoding. In conf_global.php I set $INFO['sql_charset'] = 'utf8'; So all umlauts are displayed correctly in the posts, only the the months are not displayed correctly.

Again thanks for your help.

Where did you go to edit that?

Archived