Category Tabs by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

No default formatting my more active and gives me a blank page sad.png
There is a way to arrange the categories in my design?
I absolutely love it!
The hook has another - css is the same thing?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you please PM me temporary administrative details to your forum so that I can debug the issue?

Thanks,

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm having the same problem as EdenHen has been having. When I originally installed the hook, it worked fine, the category tabs were all clickable. Now, the category tabs show up, but they won't let me click them. I've set all the group permissions and whatnot so I'm at a loss as to what to do. Even tried completely removing the hook, recaching, reverting all template / css edits and still no luck after a fresh install. I'm using the default IP Board theme.

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm having the same problem as EdenHen has been having. When I originally installed the hook, it worked fine, the category tabs were all clickable. Now, the category tabs show up, but they won't let me click them. I've set all the group permissions and whatnot so I'm at a loss as to what to do. Even tried completely removing the hook, recaching, reverting all template / css edits and still no luck after a fresh install. I'm using the default IP Board theme.

What's your forum URL ? I can't debug it without seeing it live.

If I were to have a guess, it sounds like the assets haven't been uploaded.

• 1 month later...

Tom, this is a great addition, thank you!  Can you please share the code that would allow for the 'All' tab as shown on your demo?  

​Hi Jon,

The 'all' tab code was experimental in a development build. Apologies for the confusion. It is however built into the IPS4 version of Category Tabs which I finished this weekend :)

Tom.

Based on how the forum Conversion went from 3.x to 4.0 here along with the "healthy" bug list for IPS4, it's going to be a long while before I'm brave enough to upgrade to 4.0.

How much for 'All' in 3.4.7?  Please...

​It's not a matter of price as I'm happy to do it for free but more a matter of time which I don't have. Quote this post on Monday or Tuesday and when I get a break I'll see if I can dig out the code for you :).

Quote this post on Monday or Tuesday and when I get a break I'll see if I can dig out the code for you :).

​I would very much appreciate it Tom.  In addition to the functionality, 'All' would be more intuitive for members (see pic).  You know how confused they get ;-)  I've seen a few other's asking for this and I'm sure many others would appreciate. :smile:

Untitled.png

​I would very much appreciate it Tom.  In addition to the functionality, 'All' would be more intuitive for members (see pic).  You know how confused they get ;-)  I've seen a few other's asking for this and I'm sure many others would appreciate. :smile:

​Try this: http://ipsthemes.com/documentation/add-option-category-tabs/

Fantastic!  I just added to my board and is working wonderfully.  I changed "All" to "Show All" (for now) and made just a slight change to the code (moved the 'click' inside the 'then' block):

if($(this).hasClass('tab-all')) { 
			    	cats.show();
			        tl.first().trigger('click');
			    } else {
			    	$(this).parent().parent().parent().find('#'+catId+'').show();
			    }

Otherwise I think the other tabs never work (?)

Thank you Santa! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Edited by Jon Matcho
explained why code needed to change

Ignore my code change mentioned -- it's wrong.  I reverted to your original code in that section and everything works fine now.  Sorry.

Thanks again!  The look and feel is so much better with this small adjustment.

No problem. Don't forget to rate / review :-).

This feature is also built into the IPS4 version just so you know (and has a setting to turn on / off). The code is also 100x better :).

Edited by Tom Christian

• 1 month later...

http://www.motoforum.com.br/

did not work in IP.Board and MotoForum 2015 Skin

​Hello,

I can see that you've not installed the plugin correctly. The contents of the 'uploads' folder have not been uploaded to your server. Please follow our plugin installation guide here.

Once you have uploaded the files, this URL will show some code. You cans see now that it's not loading anything.

Thanks,

Tom.

​Hello,

I can see that you've not installed the plugin correctly. The contents of the 'uploads' folder have not been uploaded to your server. Please follow our plugin installation guide here.

Once you have uploaded the files, this URL will show some code. You cans see now that it's not loading anything.

Thanks,

Tom.

​v1.0.3 http://i.imgur.com/vNloDHP.png
http://www.motoforum.com.br/public/style_extra/tctc91_categoryTabs/js/ACP_colorpicker.js

only change the folder name?

​It's installed correctly now. You can see that it works on the default IPB skin. It's not working on your Moto skin because you have lot's of JavaScript errors (that are unrelated to my plugin). You will need to fix these errors before the plugin will work.

kXRFTEt.png

​It's installed correctly now. You can see that it works on the default IPB skin. It's not working on your Moto skin because you have lot's of JavaScript errors (that are unrelated to my plugin). You will need to fix these errors before the plugin will work.

​ok, thaksssss, I will fix it (y)

This will not work on my Forum - Blue-Vengeance.de

It does not show up at all... IP.Board 3.4.7 - Tryed with Standard IPB and Haze Skin

All files are on FTP!

Recached and Rewrote all Templates...

​You purchased this on ipsthemes.com right? Please keep any communication via the e-mail support ticket you created as I cannot keep track here. :)

Thanks,

Tom.