Invision Community
Tom Christian

Category Tabs by IPS Themes

It did when I clicked around with mine... is there a setting?

Nope, it works out of the box. Can you send me the URL to your board? There might be an error or conflict somewhere.

I love it but is there a way we can get it like mybb ones and let us pick which categories we want as tabs at all

Not currently but I'll look into that.

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. It would help massively if I could see a live example.

Tom.

Rather not put this online on the live forum but I think I can explain it.

Here is how the top of the forum looks with your mod (I can clean that up, that's not the issue)

post-130508-0-84027700-1372093906_thumb..

But when I click on [English Support Forums] I get this:

post-130508-0-50077500-1372093903_thumb.

Your buttons are gone and there is no easy way to get back to the top page. That makes it hard (if not impossible for me to use it).

I also seem to have a formatting problem. The width of the page seems changed. This is with the mod active:

post-130508-0-53556600-1372093900_thumb.

and this is without:

post-130508-0-50042400-1372093898_thumb.

You see the right side is cut off, no matter what I resize the window at it is always like that.

Hope you could help me because as I said you might be able to solve a massive problem for me.

Rather not put this online on the live forum but I think I can explain it.

Here is how the top of the forum looks with your mod (I can clean that up, that's not the issue)

attachicon.gif1.jpg.

But when I click on [English Support Forums] I get this:

attachicon.gif2.jpg

Your buttons are gone and there is no easy way to get back to the top page. That makes it hard (if not impossible for me to use it).

I also seem to have a formatting problem. The width of the page seems changed. This is with the mod active:

attachicon.gif3.jpg

and this is without:

attachicon.gif4.jpg

You see the right side is cut off, no matter what I resize the window at it is always like that.

Hope you could help me because as I said you might be able to solve a massive problem for me.

It's impossible for me to debug this without seeing a live site (because I can't inspect the code). Perhaps you could create a temporary admin account for me and PM me the details. You could then enable the hook for admins only?

On closer look, I suspect the final countdown mod you have is causing a conflict. I'd still like to take a look to be sure though :)

Tom.

It's impossible for me to debug this without seeing a live site (because I can't inspect the code). Perhaps you could create a temporary admin account for me and PM me the details. You could then enable the hook for admins only?

On closer look, I suspect the final countdown mod you have is causing a conflict. I'd still like to take a look to be sure though :smile:

Tom.

Hey Tom, first of all thanks for the good service!

Indeed, removing the count down thing solved the issue it does not display on anything but the main page. The formatting problem however remains.
I made a temp admin account and send you the login data by pm.

Hey Tom, first of all thanks for the good service!

Indeed, removing the count down thing solved the issue it does not display on anything but the main page. The formatting problem however remains.
I made a temp admin account and send you the login data by pm.

Do you need the countdown hook? I can tweak my hook to support it if you give me temporary ACP access to the Look & Feel section.

I still can't see the hook so can't help with the formatting issue I'm afraid. I have to see it not functioning to be able to debug it :smile:

Nice purchase!

Is there a way to select which category i wish to be added on extra tab? Lets say that I only wish 3 or 4 categories to be added on category tab not all of categories?

Maybe try to make a selective tab, like:

- Apply to specific category

Nice purchase!

Is there a way to select which category i wish to be added on extra tab? Lets say that I only wish 3 or 4 categories to be added on category tab not all of categories?

Nope, not currently I'm afraid. Someone already suggested this so I'll take a look and see if it's viable at some point :)

Tom.

hm is there any settings that I am missing? this is working only on one of a custom skin I made, its not working on defautl skin or on ehrens shift.. any tips for me ? cheers, great plugin.

Try re-caching your skin templates. (Go to look & feel -> template tools -> Re-cache all).

yeap that did it I had to reset browser settings too.

is there a way to move them in the middle? currently they are in the left corner, but I dont have that many categories and it would be nicer if it could move

is there a way to move them in the middle? currently they are in the left corner, but I dont have that many categories and it would be nicer if it could move

I'll make that a setting in a future version. You'll have to tweak the CSS for the time being.

Nice purchase!

Both of these features will be included in the next update released some time today hopefully :)

Hook Update Released

Upgrade Instructions
Simply re-import the hook file into your ACP.
Changelog
  • Assign specific categories to tabs.NEW
  • Align the tabs left, right or center.NEW

Very nice, thx!

Still no way to choose which skins this gets used on? :/

I still cannot buy this because of that. I KNOW some of my skins will just mess up and this mod would be useless for me.

Demo this site please. You will understand some skins are complex and this mod just would not work with them. (though cannot be 100% sure w.out testing).

DEMO: http://www.ips-skins.com/skinchange.php?id=114 then click the little black tab in the bottom right corner, then choose different forum layouts.

Can you please look into adding this? I have been waiting :/

Thank you

Still no way to choose which skins this gets used on? :/

I still cannot buy this because of that. I KNOW some of my skins will just mess up and this mod would be useless for me.

Demo this site please. You will understand some skins are complex and this mod just would not work with them. (though cannot be 100% sure w.out testing).

DEMO: http://www.ips-skins.com/skinchange.php?id=114 then click the little black tab in the bottom right corner, then choose different forum layouts.

Can you please look into adding this? I have been waiting :/

Thank you

If it was that simple, it would have been in the last update. Unfortunately it is not :smile:.

Also, as this is a side project for me, It won't be any time soon I'm afraid. However, I'll personally let you know as soon as that functionality is actually implemented :smile:.

If it was that simple, it would have been in the last update. Unfortunately it is not :smile:.

Also, as this is a side project for me, It won't be any time soon I'm afraid. However, I'll personally let you know as soon as that functionality is actually implemented :smile:.

Oh ok I completely understand. I assumed 2 things, 1 that you had just forgot. And 2, that you do this all the time (building mods, skins, etc.). But obviously I wouldnt know the answer to either till you say and you just did. So, I will wait :smile:. In this case it is no rush.

Thank you.

Oh ok I completely understand. I assumed 2 things, 1 that you had just forgot. And 2, that you do this all the time (building mods, skins, etc.). But obviously I wouldnt know the answer to either till you say and you just did. So, I will wait :smile:. In this case it is no rush.

Thank you.

Not to worry :)

The second is usually assumed. I actually work full time and my IPB stuff is what I do on in my spare time.

Hook Update Released (1.0.2)

Upgrade Instructions
You must upload the contents of the 'upload' folder again. You also need to re-import the hook file into your ACP. If you don't want to overwrite any files, the only additional file added is 'acp_colorpicker.js' in the /js/ folder.
Changelog
  • Style builder functionality added to hook settings NEW

uX5WTPO.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="uX5WTPO.png">