Topics Stats on Board Index Sidebar

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Topics Stats on Board Index Sidebar

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 10 Jun 2013

File Category: Integration

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will crate a new block on board index sidebar to show the following stats from topics:

• Recent Topics
  • Topics I Started*
  • Topics I Replied In*
  • Latest Posts
  • Most Popular
  • Most Viewed
  • Answered
  • Pinned
  • Poll

(*) Not available to guests

Admins can choose a default filter and unread topics (new topics/topics with new replies) will appear in bold. The block will be updated via ajax to show topics from the chosen option.

Update from 1.0.3 to 1.1.X information
  • Due to several changes in templates, settings and language bits, it's recommended to UNINSTALL the hook version 1.0.3 and install the version 1.1.0. You also need to upload the new file. Taka a read at the HTML file (Step 1: Upload Files).

here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

This is not working on my forum v 3.4.5 I get the first display of Recent Topics and it seems correct, when I choose a different option like "Most Viewed" nothing happens, Recent Topics is still there and I get no animation like you do.

Do you have any suggestions of what setup checks I need to do?

Thanks,

Joe

Hello Adriano! I would like to buy it but in my opinion its missing an option to show the latest posts in the forums. Could you please add this? Also i can give you a custom code that i have made for a block to show the latest posts in forums if it helps to add it in your hook.

thanks

Suggestion:
Add an option to exclude forums as well as groups. Particularly useful for the most popular filter. I have a Forum Games category, as an example. All of my forums "most popular" topics would be forum games that usually involve making silly one word posts.

Though excluding forums may be more desirable for certain filters and not others such as "Topics I Replied In", so I'm not really sure.

Ehhh.

Though excluding forums may be more desirable for certain filters and not others such as "Topics I Replied In", so I'm not really sure.

I agree with this suggestion. But do I have to add a new setting to each filter to admin decide if he wants to use the new setting EXCLUDE FORUMS in that particular filter?

Probably I'll have 10 more new settings! :o

:)

The reason I am asking this is because I am a prospective buyer and wondering once I do if I have to worry about this issue happening. I also want to place it up higher on the forum above the "birthdays" as well. I do not have this hook obviously..sheesh.

I try and look at the big picture and saw this could be an issue I then have to deal with and want to know before I spend the 8 bucks if I have to do some special workaround. If it is a "no work" fix, then I would purchase. Same with wanting it up higher. If I have to go into code and hack, then it's too much work!