Best Answers Slider

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Best Answers Slider

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 27 May 2013

File Category: Integration

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will show a slide on board index with latest best answers.

Best Answers Settings:

• Number of best answers to show
  • Remove line breaks?
  • Number of characters to show

Slider Settings:
  • Transition mode
  • Pause on hover
  • Show Controls (Next/Prev buttons)
  • Direction (Next/Previous slide)
  • Time (time that each slide is available on screen)
  • Slide transition duration

Permission:
  • Groups allowed to view the slider on board index
  • Users will only see best answers from forums where they have permission

Notes:

here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...

Adriano,

How can I show this slider on my Portal - Main block area. I created a block in I.P.Content using the hook information, it shows up on portal, but there's no content.

I also a created a block within portal using the hook script, it shows up but the data is all messed up.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong as part of the script so that it shows up correctly?

I.P Content block

ipc.png

Portal block

portal.png

Ben

• 1 year later...

Hi

IPBoard 3.4.7 and your best answer hook, causing an MySql driver error when trying to delete a post, thought it was an IPB problem so reported to support and they said to contact you as it appears to be the best answer hook

They gave me this for info

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:15:40 +0000
 Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
 IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xxx - /index.php?
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: UPDATE topics SET state='open' WHERE tid = 
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | hooks/bestAnswerTopicState_e65b1fc176c4d9a2738871a9675d2499.php            | [db_main_mysql].update                                                        | 49                |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/moderate.php                     | [bestAnswerTopicState].unAnswerTopicSingle                                    | 952               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php             | [moderatorLibrary].postDelete                                                 | 1160              |
 | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php             | [public_forums_moderate_moderate]._multiDeletePost                            | 690               |
 | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php             | [public_forums_moderate_moderate]._multiPostModify                            | 200               |
 | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                                       | [public_forums_moderate_moderate].doExecute                                   | 306               |

Hi

IPBoard 3.4.7 and your best answer hook, causing an MySql driver error when trying to delete a post, thought it was an IPB problem so reported to support and they said to contact you as it appears to be the best answer hook

They gave me this for info

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:15:40 +0000
 Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
 IP Address: xx.xx.xxx.xxx - /index.php?
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: UPDATE topics SET state='open' WHERE tid = 
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | hooks/bestAnswerTopicState_e65b1fc176c4d9a2738871a9675d2499.php            | [db_main_mysql].update                                                        | 49                |
 | admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/moderate.php                     | [bestAnswerTopicState].unAnswerTopicSingle                                    | 952               |
 | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php             | [moderatorLibrary].postDelete                                                 | 1160              |
 | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php             | [public_forums_moderate_moderate]._multiDeletePost                            | 690               |
 | admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php             | [public_forums_moderate_moderate]._multiPostModify                            | 200               |
 | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php                                       | [public_forums_moderate_moderate].doExecute                                   | 306               |

I think you posted on wrong topic. bestAnswerTopicState hook is related to this file: http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/6166-change-topic-state-on-best-answer-feature/

Please, post in the right topic. I'll take a look during the day.

Archived