Auto Reply to PMs

File name: Auto Reply to PMs
Submitter: Adriano Faria
Submitted: 05/23/2013
Category: Utilities
Demo :
Discussion URL :
Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x
Support Info : Support only on support topic.

This hook will allow users to set up an automatic reply to personal conversation when they're not available. A new option will be added on My Settings (Control Panel) to users from selected groups. They will can enable the auto reply and type the auto reply content.

Notes:

• Users with this feature enabled will view a global message warning about the auto reply and will show a link to disable it.
  • Option to use HTML in auto reply content will appear only to user groups who can use it

Settings (Admin CP):

• Groups allowed to use this feature

Settings (per user/My Settings):

• Enable Auto Reply
  • Auto reply content

View File

Yes, I like that idea too. Also, see my comments regarding the editor and preview functions in the reviews area (sorry about that).

Added the PREVIEW area:

SOS-1369487175-U1.png

Regarding your review about HTML and switch button on editor, it works exacly like SIGNATURES. When you're on HTML mode (checkbox checked), that button isn't available.

You need to uncheck the HTML option. Now the button will appear:

SOS-1369487209-U1.png

SOS-1369487220-U1.png

But really was a tiny bug there that wasn't updating the editor when checking/unchecking the HTML option.

I will release a new version now fixing it. :smile:

Adriano, simple question (probably not an easy answer).. How do I disable the red warning box that appears site wide letting me know I have auto reply on? It is kind of a pain to see it all over my system no matter where I am. It's like I am haunted by it... :smile:

I need some help please. Installed the hook, but the settings do not come up with permissions and the tab is not added to any user.

Am I doing something wrong?

FYI: There is only one setting for the hook under the hooks tab.

• 4 months later...

It would be interesting to see an option to let us decide which groups are excluded/ignored from the auto reply. And then a way to disable the red box at the top of the site. I get a lot of messages from guests and random site users who see my name all the time and just want help. Then I also get messages from our moderators when they have an issue... it's the first group, the guests, that really only need the auto reply.

It would be interesting to see an option to let us decide which groups are excluded/ignored from the auto reply. And then a way to disable the red box at the top of the site. I get a lot of messages from guests and random site users who see my name all the time and just want help. Then I also get messages from our moderators when they have an issue... it's the first group, the guests, that really only need the auto reply.

I'm not sure I follow. You can set which user groups can use the feature. Guests? AFAIK, guests can't use PM System.
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...