Most wanted features

Daniel Hjelvik

These are some features that i'm sure we all would love! Right?

• Support for Multiple Rooms
• Ability to change status (available,busy,away)
• changeable font colors
• changeable font size
• a indicator for typing - a small keypad that show that other user is writing (and not sleep)

• clickable usernames for easy insertion of username of other member

It's okay if the chat software gets more expensive as long as you implement these features!

• changeable font colors

• changeable font size

I would hate these. I would never join another chat room.

• a indicator for typing - a small keypad that show that other user is writing (and not sleep)

I imagine this would be so resource intensive it would likely take the service offline nearly instantly lol. Right now the chat room "pings" the server once every 3 seconds or so. For a feature like this to work you'd virtually need to ping the server once a second which would put a lot of stress on the servers. (This is in the context of the current setup of the chat service).

I think the font change idea may work if each user had an option to ignore custom fonts and sizes etc, and display as default in Chat (globally, not per individual chatters message) as I'd hate to see excess size Comic Sans in say bright green or something.

I think the font change idea may work if each user had an option to ignore custom fonts and sizes etc, and display as default in Chat (globally, not per individual chatters message) as I'd hate to see excess size Comic Sans in say bright green or something.

That wouldn't be terribly feasible I'd imagine (though I've not looked into it). If we were to support font size/color it would be an all or nothing thing I'm sure.

That wouldn't be terribly feasible I'd imagine (though I've not looked into it). If we were to support font size/color it would be an all or nothing thing I'm sure.

Nothing then, please. :)

It's already irritating enough that styles are copied and pasted into CKEditor, without introducing the same clutter in Chat.

Archived