Why support topic for Classifieds is locked?

Sonya*

No support? App abandonded?

I have just bought it. If I accidentally bought app that is no more supported, can I have a discount for missing support? :D

Update: have seen WHO is the author of app :D and that only PM supported is offered. I have posted my review for unsupported IPS features in the app... shouldn't I? ;) It was a list of IPS integrations that I have missed in the app.

Authors are permitted to offer support at another location if they choose, I'll admit using the messenger system seemed to be an unusual choice but it does not really break any rules at least as far as I'm aware. :smile:

No doubt the author may post here to address concerns if needed.

Authors are permitted to offer support at another location if they choose, I'll admit using the messenger system seemed to be an unusual choice but it does not really break any rules at least as far as I'm aware.

The author has added my email address to his external database on the external site automatically. I do not like this way. It would be very respectful if he would ask me before submitting my address on other resources or state it clearly on the application description. :devil:

• 2 months later...

Classifieds app has a bug with pricing format that can only be solved through giving the author ftp access it seems and then you have to wait days to weeks for any reply making the support for the classfieds app useless. It also doesnt help when the support topic associated with it is closed and all the work load for it put on one person (by their choice) but which they don't really have the time for, even the comments in the marketplace for this app are censored...

Does anyone have any suggestions for the invalid pricing format error as the author of the app pbviously already has enough on his plate and I liek many others would like to solve this without having to beg the author for their support and time.

The author has added my email address to his external database on the external site automatically. I do not like this way. It would be very respectful if he would ask me before submitting my address on other resources or state it clearly on the application description. :devil:

All developers have the ability to get the email addresses of those who purchased their files (only for paid files, not free downloads). However, that information may only be used to provide support to the customers. The fact that your email address is being collected and available to the developer of the file you purchase is right in the purchase terms: "By purchasing a paid file your email address will be revealed to the author of that file." (last sentence of 3rd paragraph). There is no need to state on an application description that emails are being collected because it is global across all paid apps in the marketplace, and is made aware to you via the terms whenever you make a purchase.

• 2 months later...

I can remember the days when B Farber's and TuFat had really good stuff. It seems like scripts and add-ons were everywhere for BBS software. In all these years, it's strange how some of the most obvious additions to software are nowhere to be found. At least none that work. Good grief, back years ago, there were things called doors for BBS software. One teenager made a bazillion dollars on a door game (L.O.R.D.) for DOS based boards. And not one BBS company got the hint. I can't count how many times I've seen buyers of IPB and VB asking where to find any dating, auction, classifieds, etc that will run on their sites. Look how long it took for a chat program (sorry, I used a 3rd party chat with IPB for years, now I'm trying the IPS chat). I guess it comes with trying to grow a company big enough for the holy grail, an IPO, that clouds the vision as people who call the shots get older. And older. And older. (w00t)

• 2 weeks later...

An IPO? We are a privately held company and have no plans to go public at this time...

The reality of the matter is that any organization (all companies, big and small) have to determine where to direct their resources. We have more first party official applications available than any of our primary competitors and we consistently and continually work to improve all of them. There is a limit to what we can deliver in-house, however, and what we focus on will be determined by the market, our available resources, and our future vision of the software lineup. :)

Archived