(ZoZ) Facebook Comments on board topics

A Zayed

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (ZoZ) Facebook Comments on board topics

File Submitter: ZaIeD

File Submitted: 19 May 2013

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook shows the Facebook comments box after first post in topics to allow facebook users to make comments without need to register. The Hook has the following features:

- Enable or disable hook.
- Select user groups that can view topics.
- Select forums to show member topics in.
- Specify the title of hook.
- spicify box width in pixels.
- spicify color scheme (Light/Dark).
- spicify number of posts to show.

here to download this file

Is it possible to put the comments box under the last post, and disable that box once a new post has been made by a member? When a new post has been made by a member, it will add a new comment box under that.

This way they are participating in the forum thread instead of just discussing the original post.

They way you have it now, we would be having two branches of discussion off the original post.

Example.

-Member Post

-Facebook comment

-Facebook comment

-Member Post

-Member Post

-Facebook comment

-Member Post

-Facebook Comment

Is it possible to put the comments box under the last post, and disable that box once a new post has been made by a member? When a new post has been made by a member, it will add a new comment box under that.

This way they are participating in the forum thread instead of just discussing the original post.

They way you have it now, we would be having two branches of discussion off the original post.

Example.

-Member Post

-Facebook comment

-Facebook comment

-Member Post

-Member Post

-Facebook comment

-Member Post

-Facebook Comment

Totall agree to this feature , will be perfect for this MOD.

Twitter integration will be brilliant..... Infact had requested for something like this long back here ... http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/362801-login-to-reply-with-options/

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Totall agree to this feature , will be perfect for this MOD.

Twitter integration will be brilliant..... Infact had requested for something like this long back here ... http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/362801-login-to-reply-with-options/

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

I like this also. Except, if you are already logged into one of the services, it will show that you are logged in and will allow you to post instantly.

Please do not allow Facebook to be integrated into your board. Facebook needs to die, make users register and post like everyone else. If you are so desperate for new members and new comments and traffic on your board, find other ways to incentive users to sign up, Facebook comments is the worst solution, you are merely drawning yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tip: Width Automatically

1. Leave blank 'Comments box width in pixels'.

9T2r5nW.png

2. Go to: Look & Feel> Manage Skin Sets & Templates
3. Select Your Skin, and open CSS File on: CSS> ipb_styles.css
4. Add at the end of the file:

5. Save this change and Done!

Result

3NuTVW3.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="3NuTVW3.png">

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to do the following.

When someone from Facebook's posted say 5-10 times, they would get a recommendation and a quick way to register on the community. If a Facebook guest poster joined - the system would then convert his Facebook Posts to actual IP.Board posts?

Think there's many way's this could be handled in order to help communities, I don't know why people are afraid of it.

Would it be possible to do the following.

When someone from Facebook's posted say 5-10 times, they would get a recommendation and a quick way to register on the community. If a Facebook guest poster joined - the system would then convert his Facebook Posts to actual IP.Board posts?

Think there's many way's this could be handled in order to help communities, I don't know why people are afraid of it.

mmmmmmmmmm, I don't think this is possible, or it's very hard to achieve "completely".. because all of these hook 'processes' is handled via Facebook it self,

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When i first saw this hook i thought the exact same thing.

If people are smart enough they can gain, I don't use this but I handed almost 1000 flyers out. Facebook's been a bigger asset, whilst Twitter is fairly useful. They should be embraced and used as a tool :)

• 6 months later...

Archived