Community

[DR] Live Streams

Dylan Riggs

On 11/23/2014 at 8:41 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

Task Scheduler is found in: http://prntscr.com/595k71

Just click that and you should see a task scheduler, in there should be something for the Live Streams, run that to verify.

Thanks.

I want this to be done automatically, I have the settings set to "every minute" and "every hour" but it doesnt seem like it is doing that...

I want it so that everytime a user refreshes, the stream list on the board index is updated and accurate. 

Edited by Jswerv3

That would cause a lot of strain on both the API and your server to have a cron job running so much. The task is set so that it will help conserve unneded resources if that makes sense. The twitch API I don't believe allows people to actually refresh that often anyways.

If it's an embedded stream, then that's different.

• 1 month later...

Not yet. About done updating a few clients theme and releasing one of my own, then I will be working on the the 4.1 version

Documentation isn't good yet, and ips has made more changes than I can count. I don't have the time to play musical code, searching for the right tune to do a or b right now. Once I get the rest of this off my plate I will though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone that still follows this thread.

I'll be actively working on this for 4.1.x shortly. Sorry for the huge delay on this. I have an old friend that's going to help take some work off of my hands so things can get rolling with this.

Here's the road map,please note there doesn't need to be huge changes to the application as it has already been pretty flawless out of the box. I plan on continuing that by just advancing it in a few different ways. Please provide feedback with what you're looking for if I've missed anything vital.

I plan to hopefully have this done within a month or less.

1. Carry over of the Design from 3.4.x (please see screenshots still) - However, I might be up to redesigning the user interface if you guys want. For example:http://prntscr.com/bs89yd
2. Category support - Admins will be able to create different categories so they can organize the front end a bit. If you have ideas on how you want this to be achieved, let me know.
3. Ustream, LiveStream, YouTube Gaming, HitBox and clearly... Twitch.TV will all be integrated into one solution. The only big issue is that some of these API's don't have the same details, so the view of them 'might' be slightly different.
4. Improvement to Featuring a stream on the landing page.
5. Twitch.tv login authentication out of the box (will take minor setup though) that way your members can actively chat in the embed.

Thanks for the update! Still very interested in this.

One comment:

On 2016-07-12 at 11:47 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

4. Improvement to Featuring a stream on the landing page.

A IPS4 widget that shows a list of currently streaming streams out of the list would be greatly appreciated, along with just a widget to show a given featured stream. We have a very large community of people and our streamers rotate regularly on and offline. I don't want to have to manually update the "featured" stream multiple times a day. An automatic system to do this would be fantastic. :D

10 minutes ago, wohali said:

Thanks for the update! Still very interested in this.

One comment:

A IPS4 widget that shows a list of currently streaming streams out of the list would be greatly appreciated, along with just a widget to show a given featured stream. We have a very large community of people and our streamers rotate regularly on and offline. I don't want to have to manually update the "featured" stream multiple times a day. An automatic system to do this would be fantastic. :D

That wouldn't be a new feature. It's a feature already present in the 3.4 version, controllable by an IP.content block for status and what not.
It'll be present for 4.1 ^_^
i've already started work on it :D

On 7/16/2016 at 6:27 PM, craigf136 said:

Definitely worth the effort Dylan, I've been waiting for this - the free custom setup one although good can't beat a dedicated app.

It's going to take a considerable amount of time to develop and if I'm only going to get 10-20 sales, it won't even cover the research into 5 different API's hehe. That's my concern, but it's something I really want to do.

On 7/17/2016 at 7:21 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

It's going to take a considerable amount of time to develop and if I'm only going to get 10-20 sales, it won't even cover the research into 5 different API's hehe. That's my concern, but it's something I really want to do.

I will purchase it even tho I didn't know that you're old version wouldn't work with IPB 4 I jumped the gun and renewed for a full year full durp.. Then found out and I know you've been busy with your life and career hence me not personal messaging you asking for the transaction to be reveresed.

8 hours ago, ucjohn said:

I will purchase it even tho I didn't know that you're old version wouldn't work with IPB 4 I jumped the gun and renewed for a full year full durp.. Then found out and I know you've been busy with your life and career hence me not personal messaging you asking for the transaction to be reveresed.

I woudln't be able to reverse the transaction, as that's something IPS would have to handle sadly. Though I woudln't be opposed to doing that.

Thanks for the renewal otherwise. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2016 at 7:25 PM, Dylan Riggs said:

Any other suggestions from anyone else? I wonder if it's going to be worth putting work and effort in since someone created a free basic version of live streams out there

Will definitely be worth the effort.  Still have no streaming set-up on our IPS4 site as we are waiting on this ^_^

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...