[DR] Live Streams

Dylan Riggs

It won't show 1.0.1 as it wasn't really a 'change' to anything, so I left it like that in the XML.

​cheers pal. I also can't seem to get the IP Content bits working. I've followed instructions, uploaded the hook, and then the block templates. Do I have to make a block? Thought this may already create one.

And when creating one, is there any tips on what to select so I can get it sorted first time? :)

Cheers

​cheers pal. I also can't seem to get the IP Content bits working. I've followed instructions, uploaded the hook, and then the block templates. Do I have to make a block? Thought this may already create one.

And when creating one, is there any tips on what to select so I can get it sorted first time? :)

Cheers

​Please send me login details and I'll take a look for you why it's not working.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dylan,

I purchased your Live Streams application a few days ago and tried to set it up, but something doesn't seem to be right.

Every time I type in a Twitch URL and Click Submit the system tries to process it for a long time and then send me to an Error Page.

Could you check it out for me?

I recently moved our board to https and this module broke, since the embed code uses non-SSL embedding. Based on info from this page I have a workaround for the video, though there is no way to embed the chat via SSL.

Search for the embed section in the XML file, and replace the video embed code with this:

<div id='streamEmbed' class='ipsLayout_content clearfix'>
                                <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%" height="100%" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="https://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/swflibs/TwitchPlayer.swf?channel={$data['sname']}">
                                        <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
                                        <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
                                        <param name="allowNetworking" value="all" />
                                        <param name="movie" value="https://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/swflibs/TwitchPlayer.swf" />
                                        <param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www-cdn.jtvnw.net&amp;channel={$data['sname']}&amp;auto_play=true&amp;start_volume=25" />
                                </object>
                        </div>

You will then need to rebuild the master skin data for Live Streams, and then recache all the skin sets.

Wanted to add: looking forward to the 2.0 / IPS4 version. User-defined categories and (auto-)pruning streams that haven't been live in a specified set of days are the big things we would like to see from your list of new features, though obviously UI upgrades are always welcome :D

Hi there.

Shoot me a PM and I'll fix that import issue. I think I might of mixed them up by accident, so I'll fix it and send out a new version for everyone

​I've just experienced this problem. Any help would be welcome

Or Can you update the source files so we can download and fix the problem for future purchases please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Dylan Riggs, Hey, it has been a bit since the question was last asked, and since IP4 is now on soft release, you know the question was coming!  We have moved to 4, knowing we would need to wait for the upgrade for Live Streams, however, like a lot of others, would like to know if you have an estimated time frame for development/release of a IP4 compatible version (non content/pages).

This app has been great for our community and we look forward to putting in the new one (once it is ready)!

-RazorSEdge

• 3 weeks later...