[DR] Live Streams

Dylan Riggs

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: [DR] Live Streams

File Submitter: Dylan Riggs

File Submitted: 19 May 2013

File Category: User and Social Engagement

LIVE STREAMS -- v1.0.1

This application will allow you to create your very own Live Stream system that rivals pretty much any live stream application/page out there today. What this application does is allow anyone you specify based on permissions to submit their own Streams. Right now this system supports Twitch.TV and others are going to be added shortly down the road.. The user will submit their Stream Name or the URL of the stream which is then parsed and displayed in the Stream Listing/Grid page.

This is done by collecting various information from that channel's source through the API(s) and output for display on the page. The user can then click on any of the submitted streams to be taken to the Stream's Display which contains the video feed. From this screen, you can watch the stream, toggle the embedded chat and chat if you have a twitch/justin.tv account, comment on the streams and rate them as well. There are also 3 buttons that you can click to take you to the actual feed on the Twitch.TV site, add a stream and finally, a "DIM" button which is a sexy feature that will dim everything around the video for easier viewing.

This application comes with an application menu that has an Overview Page, Settings Page and a Converter page for those that have the IP.Content version of this app. It also has 30+ settings for complete control over the application from requiring submission approval to enable/disabling a box-shadow of streams that are unapproved and much much more.

Features

• Add/View Streams from Twitch.TV
  • View a listing of the user submitted Streams via Online/Offline Status, Preview, Channel Name, Game Name, Viewers, and even Online Time.
  • Sorting via Channel Name, Game Name and Viewer Count. Groups allowed to manage streams also have a tab for unapproved streams.
  • Permission sets for who can view, add, manage streams as well as comment, manage comments.
  • Set streams as "Featured" in-line on the Stream page.
  • Dim the page for easier viewing, Rate, Comment and even toggle the Streams embedded chat as well as an option to view the stream on the official website.
  • Moderation through the Stream display where you can Edit, Delete, Approve/Unapprove and Set as Featured/Un-featured.
  • Takes use of IPB's Global Styling so theoretically supports any properly skinned theme.
  • 2 hooks with settings included to show a listing block or a block using IPB's Hovercards with feed data about the stream.
  • Overview menu of the stream page that will show the top submitter, latest submitted, the total number of viewers online and more...
  • Over 30+ settings for complete control over the Live Stream system -- Check the screenshots to see them all.
  • Select to use a List view or a Grid view
  • Post a new topic in a specified forum on new submissions. If you have Marcher Tech's Twitch/Justin.TV media tag, it will also embed the stream to your forums.
  • SEO friendly URL's
  • And much much more!

COMING SOON

Justin.TV support, Category support, improvements to the display template.

-----------------------------

REQUIREMENTS

PHP 5.3+ and IPB 3.4.X

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IP.Content Live Stream Owners

If you own the IP.Content version and want to convert to this one, there is a one time upgrade fee for the price difference between the apps ( only $10) Simply pay the difference via PayPal and I'll add you to the list. You can send the upgrade fee to Deriggs007@gmail.com -- Be sure to send me a PM when doing so and in your PayPal Message/IPS message, give me your IPS email so I can add you to the list. Also include your PayPal email in the PM or some type of note to know who is paying for what, that way I can keep track of everyone.

Note that you will still have to pay the renewal terms!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This application is only good for one install and is to not be redistributed. I keep close tabs on purchases, you've been warned. :-)

* The sale is only temporary as I'm changing duty stations and only valid for new purchases, upgrades get an extra $2 off ($10) *

here to download this file

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me be the first to log support ticket. :D

How do I replace the blocks from old IP Content app to reference the new Live Stream app? I know I logged this via PM but maybe others can do with the info as well.

Let me be the first to log support ticket. :D

How do I replace the blocks from old IP Content app to reference the new Live Stream app? I know I logged this via PM but maybe others can do with the info as well.

I will have to recreate them as blocks as they're different now. I don't believe the blocks work anymore, I'll check and see later on tonight

can you give a quick/clear comparison between the content version, and this version?

just some honest questions - is this version more because it doesnt rely on content? so there is more coding?

are there more features?

reason i ask is - if i have IP.Content, which of your stream apps should i buy?

can you give a quick/clear comparison between the content version, and this version?

just some honest questions - is this version more because it doesnt rely on content? so there is more coding?

are there more features?

reason i ask is - if i have IP.Content, which of your stream apps should i buy?

They operate very similar and look identical (as they're using the same template) however, the IPB version has a lot of other features that may or may not be deal breakers. The biggest ones being the fact that you have granular control over many aspects of the Stream system that the IP.Content version does not offer.

Such as Stream checking, making sure it's a valid stream, else, it'll error the user. Or making sure a stream is not a duplicate, else it will error the user -- You can check the screen shots to see what they look like.

Another big feature was being able to move the chat bar in various locations for your site. This allows sites with smaller widths or larger widths to display the chat bar better. It's also integrated with the user profile and has 2 hooks provided which also has settings.

Things like that is why it costs more -- If you have IP.Content and don't need all these features and want the basic version, grab that and if you feel you don't feel it has enough control because it's IP.Content, you can simply pay the upgrade price ($12) and I'll add you to the list of purchasers here.

IP.Content is also a pain to setup the database, I end up typically installing it for most people because it's quicker to do then have them do it and tell me what's wrong. This version is like any other app, simply upload and click install and you're set.

Dylan,

Excellent! Bought and installed it today and it works without issue and very easy to set up. We only have it set for Root Admin access at the moment, and will keep it that way until we can get more feeds from locales other than just Twitch.TV. I have tried to bring in Justin.tv links but cannot get them to work. Is that not implemented yet?

Dylan,

Excellent! Bought and installed it today and it works without issue and very easy to set up. We only have it set for Root Admin access at the moment, and will keep it that way until we can get more feeds from locales other than just Twitch.TV. I have tried to bring in Justin.tv links but cannot get them to work. Is that not implemented yet?

Not yet. No -- While it's the same API, the data is different. It's something that is going to be added very soon.

In the next update can you change the hooks to say "Live Streams" (without caps) and "Stream List" Thanks! :smile:

Easy fix -- Navigate to ACP > Look and Feel > Your skin(s) of choice > Edit Templates and find Skin_lstreams.

In there, you will see a template for LiveStreamBlock. Edit that template and find those 2 words of choice. "Live Streams" and "Stream List" they will be wrapped around <h3> </h3> tags. Rename them how you like and click save.

Wala, and you're done ;)

Per request from Cytrax -- The next small version will include the IP.Content front block files. But instead of just providing the 2 IP.Content blocks. It's going to be an updated hook where you can simply create the blocks and choose the stream feed source and then you get to choose how you want the data filtered (like online, viewers, name, randomly etc) and then choose between the 2 templates that's included. The one as a stream list with a mini stream image, or the one with the hover card :-)

Any chance you could give us the choice of using our own (IP Board) chat instead of the Twitch.tv chat? Our users would love this if they could use our own chat as well.

I'm not sure if that's really possible. I will check into it thought for you.

Not a problem :smile:. It's easy to upgrade to 5.3 if you're using cPanel. Let me know if you need any assistance ;)

Got it to work. Thanks man. Is there a way to edit the main URL Ie something other than website.com/streams

What are you looking to name it to? I don't think it would be easy because of how the file structure is, they all call for 'streams' but I can see about renaming them and then sending you an updated version for how you want it. It's something I can look at for you.

Archived