My 4.0 Community Wishlist

Joel R

just as long as not a block against multiples from the same iP without allowing us the option to disable it.
my wife and I would show as same IP, don't want to block either of us. many examples like that, people at a business will all show same ip.

In that case, yes. I work on a company which has +10.000 PCs/Notebooks/Tablets, etc., which use same external IP. So, this can't be a one way only street.

We need a tool that reports members who use multiple accounts on the same computer, not from the same IP.

well I set up test accounts to test new member emails from the same ip and computer.

as long as its just logging it and not taking action its fine.

although I don't see how it could differentiate computers w/o seeing mac address and thats not happening here.

Many of my members share a computer in a public place such as a library or school.

No problem! I do not mean that members must be banned, I say that an forum administrator should be able to know this.

This information would be very useful for our protection against abuse.

That wha i mean, no one want to rely on a seperate application that you have to wait on upgrades if there is a compatibility error.

Sure. That's the problem with every app :(

My wishes for IP.Suite are built in apps or functions like

But... I know that are only my private favorites ;) Other users may want an built in apps for soccer bets or for contest for good jokes ;)

• title="">Member Map - Not necessary and is good as a module.
  • title="">Social Groups - Few people have been asking for this, so I think they wont put it. It's a nice application, but just not enough people asking for it.
  • or an image contests - this can also be a module.

Another thing... A more advance "Media Tag" configuration that can work with external files and those external files would contain (Regex) codes that can be used with the Media Tags.

Archived