[DR] RADIC -- The <3 Of Gaming

Dylan Riggs

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: [DR] RADIC -- The <3 Of Gaming

File Submitter: Dylan Riggs

File Submitted: 12 May 2013

File Category: Themed Skins

RADIC -- The Love Of Gaming

Radic is a dark, detailed gaming theme (but can be used for other type of sites as well). What's unique about this skin is the amount of detail put into many elements for the overall design. But that's not really what makes Radic unique. It's the user sidebar that was created to steer away from the traditional design that IPB offers and to spice things up a little more, if you're not a fan of the sidebar, but like the design.. have no fear! You can disable this sidebar via an included setting. Or maybe it's not the sidebar, but the sleek and sexy jQuery search bar that you can toggle to drop down and up -- Maybe it's the sexy navigation menu that gives the theme a unique scifi, yet fulfilling navigation? Maybe it's the amount of detail that was put forth into the Header background that gives the theme the overall grungy feel, while still being 100% presentable to any of your community members? Radic is the perfect gaming skin for all you grunge loving, sci-ifi, community goer nerds, that will be sure to super impress anyone in your community! Let's just say it's sexy and packed full of features. Demo link is provided for the Red version.

V2.0 -- Includes Mobile version and 3 alternative colors. Check screenshots for more images. Thanks MattC56

here to download this file

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be possible to get the PSD for the logo? At least the font name and all that?

Alright cool.

What do we do with the settings file? You might want to include that in the readme also.

The settings file is to be uploaded to the main Settings tab.

Admin > System > System Settings > Scroll down and import .xml file

Alright cool.

What do we do with the settings file? You might want to include that in the readme also.

Sorry about that, I didn't include that in the documentation, I'll fix that for everyone -- New I was missing something :rofl:

The settings file is to be uploaded to the main Settings tab.

Admin > System > System Settings > Scroll down and import .xml file

This -- Thanks Mathew, you're the best :thumbsup:

Got it, thanks.

Awesome skin man. I think it would get big if it came in a few colors. Would like to see a pink/blue/green version for my guild. I have a few people complaining that there isn't a pink skin on the forums lol.

This is something I can look at doing. I've had people request doing a blue version before a long while ago, the problem is getting all the colors to cooperate with one another.

This is something I can look at doing. I've had people request doing a blue version before a long while ago, the problem is getting all the colors to cooperate with one another.

Blue.. SOMEONE SAY BLUE? Ah man. Blue would look awesome.

Just saying... :tongue:

It's a little different to the red one, but the colour would look good I think...

Oh yeah, you'd have to edit the category headers and things like that to fit it more, but it'd work just fine. That was just using the color replacement tool and spending literally 30 seconds on it. I would make it match exactly the same as the header, with just a proper recolor ;)

Oh yeah, you'd have to edit the category headers and things like that to fit it more, but it'd work just fine. That was just using the color replacement tool and spending literally 30 seconds on it. I would make it match exactly the same as the header, with just a proper recolor ;)

Yeah, would look good using that blue - Extra selling point.

Yeah, I know first hand the task can be daunting. It kind of looks like it would be easy to change the sue/saturation of all the images that have red in it. If you use photoshop CS5, -40 for pink, +140 for green, +37 for orange, -100 for blue, -80 for purple... Then the hard part is changing all the CSS :tongue:

And I just stumbled on something that could be changed. For hidden topics, its the default pinkish hue. Might want to change it to dark red or something. Heres an image of current and a couple ideas:post-412074-0-77699000-1368571131_thumb.

I like the BG # 200 -- Yeah, if there are any missing elements on the design, let us know so we can take care of it.

oh crud.

*back to the css template i go*

Edit: Ok after trying #200 it looks a little out of place, personally. The #222 is used throughout the theme so I feel it suits it better..

Yeah, tried it myself, #222 is better -- Also, Matt.

What I will do tonight is provide you the .PSD for the background and then sometime soonish, I will go through and recolor all the images in like 4-5 different variations that I feel is fitting with grey and I can include them in the download where all you have to do is overwrite the images or perhaps Mathew can have some sort of setting (if possible) to select which image pack you want to use. Then, all you'd have to do is via a setting (if possible) change the link color and all that so it's also fitting

I agree. #222 looks better then the #200. Easy fix at least :tongue:

If you know your way around the CSS templates follow this:

Locate ipb_styles.css

Find the following line;

/* Moderated styles */
.moderated, body .moderated td, .moderated td.altrow, .post_block.moderated,
body td.moderated, body td.moderated {

And change the background hex code to #222, so you get this:

/* Moderated styles */
.moderated, body .moderated td, .moderated td.altrow, .post_block.moderated,
body td.moderated, body td.moderated {
	background-color: #222;
}

Or you can wait for Dylan to update the files to automatically do this for you.

Yeah, tried it myself, #222 is better -- Also, Matt.

What I will do tonight is provide you the .PSD for the background and then sometime soonish, I will go through and recolor all the images in like 4-5 different variations that I feel is fitting with grey and I can include them in the download where all you have to do is overwrite the images or perhaps Mathew can have some sort of setting (if possible) to select which image pack you want to use. Then, all you'd have to do is via a setting (if possible) change the link color and all that so it's also fitting

Don't see why there's any reason this cannot happen.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I was hoping more along the lines of being able to have multiple colors at the same time so members would have a selection to choose from. Would probably have to add them as separate skins (maybe reduce price?). But you guys are the makers and can do whatever you would like with it. Just my 2 cents.

If you know your way around the CSS templates follow this:

Way ahead of you :tongue:. Will help the others that buy the skin before the update though.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I was hoping more along the lines of being able to have multiple colors at the same time so people would have a selection to choose from. Would probably have to add them as separate skins (maybe reduce price?). But you guys are the makers and can do whatever you would like with it. Just my 2 cents.

Way ahead of you :tongue:. Will help the others that buy the skin before the update though.

Weren't too sure if you was CSS savy or not ;) Any other little snippets like this which managed to slip through the net, please let us know :)

Alright, updating the package now for you guys.

CHANGELOG:

-- Fixed CSS issue for moderator indicated forum/topics

-- Updated Readme documentation for the settings.xml

-- An extra folder has been created for the maingbg.psd and for any future inclusions down the road

Don't know if "#board_stats .value" (the stats above online list on forum index) is supposed to be an orange-ish color but I am fiddling with it and am liking the #666-#999 range.

Change "#Branding {url("/style_images/radic/branding_bg.png") repeat-x scroll center top #000000}" to no-repeat. I have a VERY big screen and I could see the repeat lol.

Other than that, everything else is looking great!

And you guys should add a copyright ;)

Archived