IP.Board BULK MAIL suggestion. Send to members based on their interests.

Maxxius

Another suggestion I'd like to make is to think of some way to target IP.Board members based on their interests so you can send bulk mail which would be more relevant:

one way we can find out which ads can be more relevant to a particular member is just to answer a simple survey if you can call it where they can TICK their interests on a list and the bulk mail you send have to be related to a ticked topic. if not or nothing is ticked - bulk mail is sent.

so basically as an admin you set up your bulk mail topics/categories/interest groups in ACP and you save them. members can tick or untick their interests in their profile settings. something like that.

I've seen newsletter softwares do that and that is very convenient. because right now we can only filter by posts, activity, groups and thats it.

sorry for double-posting but I cannot risk IPS not seeing this topic.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Its been years since I posted this and would like to draw attention to this once again.

We had a talk with a client. He has a huge forum but has no idea how to directly target his members with bulk mail/nexus ads.

There are many things that his forum has discussions about and these range from website creation, advertising, seo, classifieds and so on.

How is he supposed to target members that engage let's say in advertising discussions? He can't at least I have no idea how. Why it is not possible to filter members in bulk mail let's say by profile fields/interests? Can this be done what do you think?

@Jordan Miller

+1 for the topic,

What i see is that IPBpoard is years behind all what is happening aroung marketing technics, its a very nice and robust tool but still very basic if we compare with some advanced solutions (not necessary forums).

I noticed one thing that seems to be promising, integrating Zapier, this is a first step to externalize things that ipboard cant handle today, hope i will have some time to explore this and combine with some automation tools.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 5:36 PM, Maxxius said:

He can't at least I have no idea how. Why it is not possible to filter members in bulk mail let's say by profile fields/interests? Can this be done what do you think?

You can literally use profile fields for this!

1. Create a new Profile Field with the type "Select" called "Interests". Keep in mind that profile fields don't have to be shown anywhere. So if you want to use them only for the bulk mail or group promotion, you can:)
  2. Members can set their interests by setting the field.
  3. Create your group promotion or bulk mail and use the Interests profile field filter to sent / promotion only the users which are relevant.