Social Links

CnCNet

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Social Links

File Submitter: Grant B

File Submitted: 24 Mar 2013

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Introducing Social Links 1.0.1!
This simple hook will allow you to add social links to your community, with ACP customizable settings!

%7Boption%7D

New settings to get started in a matter of seconds.

%7Boption%7D

• New Position Settings: Header or Footer.
  • Alignment Options: Left, Center, or Right.
  • New Setting allowing you to specify which Links you want to enable/disable.
  • Select which Member Groups wil have access to Social Links.

Features:
- Single sprite image for an efficient board load.
- Simple setup, just one image upload and one hook import.
- New settings to configure Social Links in just a few seconds.

Updating from previous install:
*Remember to uninstall any previous version of Social Links before installing a new version!*

If you have a suggestion, feel free to post in the support topic provided.

Follow me on Twitter or Google+

here to download this file

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I followed the instructions and all of the settings... I just didn't put anything for google and youtube because I don't need them.

Go into your skin template > and see the group skin_social has been created? Should be towards the bottom. Same with css, there should be hook_socialLinks.css in there.

If its there, try re-caching your skin.

Even if you put nothing (empty) in some textbox the icons appear and the link is the website default URL.

Working on having a multi select so you can choose which to enable and disable.

The tooltip on top of each icon could be customized. ie when on top of Facebook now it says "Facebook", what about " Hey, join us on facebook too :)" or something else more personalized "Hey, MemberName, Like us on FB".

Not that much important but still an idea.

Also, I think the icons should be a big bigger or include more versions, small, medium, large and then select from adminCP which version to show.

Also, the colors of the icons should be a not grey and the other color but lighter versions of the full.

For example, not grey-blue for twitter but light blue and full blue.

For google+, light red and full red etc.

Now that it's grey and small you miss them if you don't know where to look.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't get these to appear for some reason on 3.4.4. Are you aware of any issue with the latest release?

I did read through the readme.txt and set it up as specified.

Recommendation wise, per the demo, I would probably have them colored initially so they stand out more. Grayed out isn't a good eye catching approach.

My social icon images are not showing up after upgrading to 3.4.4 most likely the folder was over written, can you provide the exact location of the icon image folder so I can upload the images please?

publicstyle_images

You may also have to remove and re-install the hook.

My social icon images are not showing up after upgrading to 3.4.4 most likely the folder was over written, can you provide the exact location of the icon image folder so I can upload the images please?

public/style_images/master/socialLinks.png

Master being your skinset, there is only one image (a sprite)

Is there a way to change the facebook and twitter images to custom images? The current images are too dark for my board and cannot be seen. I have a dark grey color at the top of my forum and you can't see the current images so i'd like to replace them.

Is there a way to change the facebook and twitter images to custom images? The current images are too dark for my board and cannot be seen. I have a dark grey color at the top of my forum and you can't see the current images so i'd like to replace them.

Did you read the post here

He already addressed colors changes forthcoming.

Archived