[IPBLounge] Topic Covers

aSimpleIdea

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to stop the lightbox preview?

So when you click the image, it goes directly to the topic, just like if you click on the text?

Thanks

EDIT:

In ACP when uploading a cover photo for a thread I got the following error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 91 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/***/admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics.php on line 721

The same image worked fine, by selecting edit cover in the first post and uploading there.

Hello :smile:

For your first question, I don't know what's causing it to behave like this, I'm going to see what's wrong. Does it happen with every image?

I assume you mean this question?

In ACP when uploading a cover photo for a thread I got the following error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 91 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/***/admin/applications/forums/sources/classes/topics.php on line 721

The same image worked fine, by selecting edit cover in the first post and uploading there.

If so, yes, every image uploaded via ACP.

Another thing I've just noticed is that some of the topics don't have the edit cover button in their first post...

For your second question, you should check permissions you gave to usergroups and check if forum is enabled.

:smile:

Yes, everything is enabled.

Although I've since noticed, that this only seems to happen on threads that were started before I converted to IPB from phpBB last July!
(These are long, ongoing project threads)

Thank you for your report, I will check what's wrong ASAP :)

I never tested it on a converted board, although it might be the cause. Have you tried to edit the topic and then save it again?

Meanwhile, I'd like to show you a little preview of the version 1.2 . This will have many new features, it will seem more like a 2.0 than a 1.2. :)

25k76dh.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="25k76dh.png">

The header will only appear when you scroll down. Let me know what you think.

Thank you. I seem to have solved it by re-syncing the board topics. Strange, cause I know I would have done that when I converted. But oh well! :lol:

That menu bar looks much a better/neater alternative than what's in place currently!

How about my original question? Any thoughts on that?

Is it possible to stop the lightbox preview?

So when you click the image, it goes directly to the topic, just like if you click on the text?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an idea...

Would something like this be possible at all?

post-367951-0-07684900-1368101463_thumb.

Not exactly the best demonstration, but hopefully you get the idea!

Don't know how easy that would be?

Would just add extra benefit to users for applying it to their topics?

Oh Yeah, noy I understand, didn't notice that was a topic, sorry :)

Yes, this is something I wanted to do, I'm just thinking of a nice way to do that.

I will try and make some prototypes once the application will be very stable :)

Thank you very much for your suggestions :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just bought it and installed it in a test forum (as I'm not running IPB 3.4 live yet). It looks really nice and it has a lot of potential. I'm actually looking at ways of using it as a sort of news portal (I guess I'd have to pick one sub-forum and import posts via RSS from other sub-forums to achieve that). Maybe it's an idea for you to expand this into a new separate application suited precisely for that, but what caught my eye was the visual layout.

But a question about the little menu that sits at the bottom of the page. Would it be a way to choose between displaying it there or on the side of the page vertically? The reason why I ask is that I use a skin that has a floating bar at the bottom of the page and it covers your menu.

Hello PPlanet and thank you for your purchase! :)

I already thought about making a RSS section, but never really tried to do it yet.

The new version will have a new bar located at the top, that automatically hides itself when scrolling at top.

Once I'll get my next exam finished (monday), I'll complete it and release it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

At http://ipblounge.com/board/index.php?/list/16-general-chat/ you can try a beta version of Topic Covers 1.1 :smile:

Have a nice day! :smile:

It's looking really nice. A couple of questions:

1) When using the mobile theme, would it be possible to automatically default to the classic list view (as opposite to finding nothing bar the option to change to Full Version)? Maybe in the general settings you could have a menu where you can select what skins/themes the application works with. Of course, all this is assuming it won't work with the mobile theme in a near future.

2) This may be possible now by tweaking some hook (and in that case I'd be happy just to edit my hook instead of suggesting this as a change for all users), is it possible for the grid view not to take the full page width and respect sidebars if any available. (That would be category width instead of full page width). I use DawPi's Global Sidebars, so I have sidebars in subforums too.