Why create your own Framework?

Ikadon

OctoberCMS also based on laravel code

but to work with any project you need to learn about the project code and api and method to accomplish things

also you need to learn about how the framework work

you can build huge projects on symfony and laravel but i think what the dev stated why they build there own framework make sense

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many big projects are there that use these frameworks? I think these frameworks are great for developers working with private clients with small to mid size projects, but a framework may not always serve corporate interests (e.g., IPS). What framework is vBulletin, opencart, magento, phpBB, or other software using?

Magento and Xenforo both use zendframework (but i believe the ZF that is used in magento is heavily modified for their own use). I think phpBB uses symfony. A lot of them still roll their own frameworks.

As for IPS, I'm glad they decided to roll their own, instead of going cookie cutter (as a lot of modern frameworks i dislike for various reason, none which are important to list).

Let's agree to disagree here.

Charles: Composer and Frameworks aren't on their way since eleven years.

I hope the best for you. Maybe I'll be using IPS-products at some distant point in the future.

Until then, farewell.

Yes, because companies can't go bankrupt ... oh if life was that easy.

I don't have my internet hand book in front of me, but are you allowed to post after your previous post ended with farewell? :)

I don't have my internet hand book in front of me, but are you allowed to post after your previous post ended with farewell? :smile:

Nah, thats only if they say goodbye both now and last year in the same thread, which is a pretty uncommon occurance...

Oh .... Wait a sec

Archived