Community

Topic Under Special Surveillance

no man, when i go to forum view i've forum upgraded to 3.3.4 system says error in public_ouput line 3853

arning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier '3' in /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3853) : eval()'d code on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3853) : eval()'d code:39) in /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3853) : eval()'d code:39) in /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3853) : eval()'d code:39) in /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3853) : eval()'d code:39) in /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3853) : eval()'d code:39) in /home/odontoline/public_html/test/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

in other badge not having error only on forum view, i've changed these lines in hook file.

• 1 month later...

have this and like it - Would be a nice feature if when a topic is put under special surveillance that all mods are pm'd or emailed ?!?

What's New in Version 1.2.0:

• Added confirmation to put/remove topic in special surveillance
  • Administrators/supermoderators and forum moderators will now receive a notification when a topic is put under special surveillance

SOS-1373825209-U1.png

SOS-1373825244-U1.png

SOS-1373825221-U1.png

SOS-1373825233-U1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Also as well as the display issue mentioned above the button at the top of a topic that allows you to put a topic at risk of closure has a black background and not red. Our cancel button is also grey and not red although when I highlight the button the text Cancel is there.

Template cache cleared.

Clearly a CSS issue, can you advise where I should check to resolve this please?

This hook uses its own CSS for the badge. Open its XML and you'll notice it in the bottom. Change the color red for your color.

Sorry but I can't reproduce your issues. Notifications are sent with no problem. Change in ACP defaults and then log in any account to see if it's really selected.

You can always ask a marketplace moderator to test the hook.

Hi Andriano

I will try removing the default notification settings to allow staff to manually select this option and see if it resolved the issue.

Back to the display issue if I may, the css is in the acp correctly

post-113594-0-11211800-1375778559_thumb.

I want the buttons to have a red background as they are supposed to have however they dont have and that is the problem

post-113594-0-30225300-1375778565_thumb.

Can you advice?

Thanks

Ok. That's the CSS, as you noticed:

.ipsBadge_riskclosure {
background: #da0115;
color: #FFFFFF !important;
}

div.riskclosure{
float: left;
margin-top: 9px;
}

It is to show the badge on forum view, topic view and search results, like that:

If your problem is the button RISK OF CLOSURE on topic view, see the template Topic View -> surveillanceTopic:

<li class='important'><a data-confirmaction="true" href='{parse url="app=forums&amp;module=extras&amp;section=stats&amp;do=$do&amp;f={$this->request['f']}&amp;t={$this->request['t']}" base="public"}' title='{$lang}'>{$lang}</a></li>

That important there will make it red! It is a default style from IP.Board; not from my hook.

The same happens to the confirmation screen, on same template:

data-confirmaction="true"

I just installed this hook in a 3.4.5 board and have no problem with it.

If your is not red, probably is because you (or someone else) has edited those default styles and changed the color.

• 1 month later...

Hello Andriano,

I have one issue with this hook - when i press "Risk of closure" button on topic i get an error :

Warning: array_unique() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /hooks/surveillanceTopic_save_00803317746fccf84ddec8e097d705f8.php on line 103
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hooks/surveillanceTopic_save_00803317746fccf84ddec8e097d705f8.php on line 105

but after press button back the topic is tagged as under surveillance. Removing surveillance works well.

the line 103 in that file is :

$members = array_unique( $members );

and the line 105 is :

foreach( $members as $r )

i have ipboard 3.4.5.

Weird, I can't reproduce it on my test board. Have you and your members checked the notification Notify me when a topic is put under surveillance on Notification Preferences ?

Anyway, it is happening when the hook tries to select forum moderators/users from selected groups to receive the notification. So, open the hook XML with any HTML editor and find:

$members = array_unique( $members );

foreach( $members as $r )

Add above:

if ( is_array( $members ) AND count( $members ) )
        {

Find:

}
            /* Notification Stuff */

Add below:

}

Test it out and let me know if it works. I'll update the hook.

Weird, I can't reproduce it on my test board. Have you and your members checked the notification Notify me when a topic is put under surveillance on Notification Preferences ?

Test it out and let me know if it works. I'll update the hook.

notification doesn't work when i try to do this with my own topic.

anyway - above input solved the problem - working well. right now I updatating my language preferences for this hook and put an update how works after this.

notification doesn't work when i try to do this with my own topic.

anyway - above input solved the problem - working well. right now I updatating my language preferences for this hook and put an update how works after this.

Actually, it's not because it is your topic. I don't send a notification to you since you're the one who's putting the topic under surveillance; you don't need to be notified of something you're doing. It would be like receive a notification of a new reply on a topic when YOU reply to the topic.

If a topic of yours is put under surveillance by any other user, you will receive the notification.

What's New in Version 1.2.1:

• Script otimization to avoid WARNING on notifications
  • 4 weeks later...

Adriano, this seems like a great mod but that the mod is far too broad. Instead of giving the ability to apply the mod to specific topics, it's been created to mark entire forums. That's not very efficient. For instance, say that you have only a topic of two that your members are abusing, this mod doesn't take that into account and simply marks the entire forum along with every topic. Howabout redesigning the mod so that it works like the "Miserable Users" mod in that you enter the topic number or you enter the topic link and it marks that topic as such.

I think what we have is a mod that acts like a broadsword inistead of as a cutting knife. :sweat:

P.S. I'm judging my reply from what I read in the modification description. There wasn't too much information posted.

Instead of giving the ability to apply the mod to specific topics, it's been created to mark entire forums. That's not very efficient. For instance, say that you have only a topic of two that your members are abusing, this mod doesn't take that into account and simply marks the entire forum along with every topic.

Of course not! This hook works in TOPICS, not FORUMS. If you mark a topic under surveillance, only that topic will be under surveillance, not the whole forum topic! The setting FORUMS is to admins choose in which forums the work should work.

Just made a video: http://www.screencast.com/t/N8OarnLD