Download: (SOS34) You Have Been Mentioned

Adriano Faria

File Name: (SOS34) You Have Been Mentioned
File Submitter: Adriano Faria
File Submitted: 10 Feb 2013
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will send you a notification everytime a user mentions you on a reply (new post), by using an '@' and your username, like '@username'.

Settings:

• Groups to use the feature
  • Forums where to use the feature

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  • In order to receive the notification, the user must enable Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following) notification on his Control Panel (My Settings) -> Notification Options -> Topics & Posts section.
  • You can also force the use of this feature on your Admin CP -> Members tab -> Notification Defaults by choosing Inline Notification on Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following) setting. This will update all members automatically to get the notification when get mentioned.

This is the very first version of this hook. Suggestions are welcome!

Click here to download this file

Hello,

I am still getting notifications. I have set the correct permissions (correct groups and forums) and notification settings (the one you mentioned above). Using another account on my forum I mention my account in a post. Log back into my account and I have no notification of being mentioned. Also, should the username automatically link to the user's profile?

Yesterday I mentioned a member and although it made their name into a link, it would direct to my profile.

Same here. And he said he was working on it, so that's even better. He's another one of the great developers who get these things worked out in no time. So I'm not worried and look forward to it being placed back on the market.

Ok, although I can't reproduce it (not MP Moderators since this was approved), I ask a little patience. I'm working on it.

Hope I can release a new version today later.

I'm also not receiving notifications when mentioned in posts. I've ensured it's set up with the correct defaults accepted. One other thing I've noticed is the profile link it creates. Yesterday I mentioned a member and although it made their name into a link, it would direct to my profile.

Do we need to recache to get this to work . I remember we needed to do this from some other Topic !

Archived