Community

ProMenu Plus

Robert Simons

Need some help with Menu for the ip.Content

after setting up the menu to automatically set up all the categories in the contend db

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8iwhelnaooblrjj/Screenshot 2015-02-06 11.51.48.png?dl=0

it sets them up in this manner

https://www.dropbox.com/s/povo3uog9ofvhan/Screenshot 2015-02-06 11.53.10.png?dl=0

This only seems to work if menu is used on the home page or within the forum.  Menu does not work from other sections of the site.

You can take a look at it at http://www.bmw2002faq.com

thanks for the help,

Steve K.

​I've been looking into this, but so far i'm not able to reproduce it locally. 

I've looked at the content function that I use to generate the url, it returns # for the URL for several reasons. 

From what i've seen on your site, I am unable to determine which condition it is failing on, since it works on the forums/board index.

can you for a test, create another menu item with the same database or another database that has categories, to see if it does it on this one as well? Maybe even try a different menu group, like enable the header menu and create a database link there too.

I've uploaded the latest alpha build of iMenu to our site. if any one is interested in doing the alpha/beta, please contact me.

There will likely be one or two more alphas, as we finalize the features iMenu will have, then during the beta's it will be fine tuning of everything, hopefully it will be ready for the time 4.0 is ready :).

​I've been looking into this, but so far i'm not able to reproduce it locally. 

I've looked at the content function that I use to generate the url, it returns # for the URL for several reasons. 

From what i've seen on your site, I am unable to determine which condition it is failing on, since it works on the forums/board index.

can you for a test, create another menu item with the same database or another database that has categories, to see if it does it on this one as well? Maybe even try a different menu group, like enable the header menu and create a database link there too.

​Recreated the menu in the primary group without change. Also noticed that it has the same behavior in the Mobile Menu. I added it also to Header Menu. Still the same. 

steve k.

​Recreated the menu in the primary group without change. Also noticed that it has the same behavior in the Mobile Menu. I added it also to Header Menu. Still the same. 

steve k.

​I've tried several different things and i'm not able to reproduce it on my end. do you have a dev site, that is on the same server? that i could gain access to, to do some more indepth debugging?

and in iMenu News, released Beta 1 today on the market place, and to our beta team on our site, here is a short video:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

CJ Menu (formerly iMenu, due to a few concerns from a particular fruti company, the name has been  changed), has entered the Release Candidate stages. RC 1 is available to the beta testers on our site and available for purchase from the marketplace. RC 2 will have a upgrade option for those who have Promenu Tables still in there database (this is still in testing, and probably wont go "gold" with the final, but shouldn't take long to work out all of its kinks. Robert and I will begin extensive testing of the upgrade option. As there is a lot of differences between CJ Menu and Promenu, we will make a list of what will and will not be transfered.).

Promenu 2 CJ Menu Upgrade Option:

Promenu Plus 3.x+ clients:

For clients who purchased Promenu Plus 3.x after its launch (not ones who were upgrade free of charge from promenu plus 2.x to 3.x), who are current on their renewals and agree to the renewal terms of $15 every 6 months for CJ Menu, can contact robert or myself (here on IPS or through our contact us on our website, http://codingjungle.com). Let us know what your IPS email is, and that you agree to the renewal terms of CJ Menu, and we will in a timely manner, get you added to the CJ Menu Client list so you are able to download it. 

Promenu Basic clients:

There is no offer for upgrade for Promenu Basic Clients.

We currently have CJ Menu on sale for $25, this sale will last 1 week after the launch of CJ Menu 1.0.0, for any clients that are not eligible for the upgrade option.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact robert or myself (here on IPS or through our contact us form on our website http://codingjungle.com). 

NOTE:

Promenu (plus and basic) will continue to be supported for the lifetime of IPS 3.x. Once IPS 3.x support ends, Promenu's Support will end as well. We will not be adding any new features to ProMenu during this time, we will only be doing general bug fixes and support.

@Ocean West

just for you :), Not really, but it will be for the mobile in CJ Menu. The more i played with IPS "mobile" the more it irked me. it triggers at a rather high width (980px), i would have to have 2 sets of templates, and 2 sets of css for the "mobile" and "desktop", when a lot of work went into getting "responsive" into magic/mega menus. So the more i thought about it, the more the "apple" menu made sense. The feature hasn't been tested on an actual touch device yet (can't get my localhost and my ipad to talk to each other), but i'm triggering the right events as far as i can tell so should work, and it also works in the desktop. the main difference now, gotta figure out the best way to handle the actual clicks, right now its configured for "double" click :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

It's been over six months and still haven't heard anything on the bug fixes. Do you support your promenu or not? Please be honest, as I cant run this joke of having two menu highlighted in one page.

I can't login to codingjungle anymore, any issues there.....?

http://codingjungle.com/tracker/promenu/two-tabs-highlighted-in-one-page33-r9/

Now another new bug happen, I deleted all menu's and recreated from scratch and now menu dropdown is open beneath each other than sideways. Worst is this joke is impacting the homepage unlike the previous bug. Check attached.

Please help or reply you dont support so that I can unistall this menu. Thanks.

Bug1 .JPG

Bug2.JPG

your original bug was marked as fixed for promenu 3.2.2 which was released back in october of last year. 

if it is still persistent in 3.2.2, please update your original bug report.

with logins, we upgraded our site to IPS 4.0, we selected Displaynames to username conversions, and the login will accept Displaynames or email addresses. You might need to recreate your account, as we did a prune when we upgraded.

Same with the second bug, please post it to our tracker. 

Thanks CodingJungle and Dmacleo for prompt reply, I am using 3.4.6 and will be upgrading to 3.4.7 shortly. For Promenu I can't find a version but I installed on July 2014, so I am sure it's not the updated one as you mentioned for Oct 2014 release. Please advise from where to get updated one and also how to renew the six monthly support for same promenu (not sure if its basic or advanced) that I am using in http://carnity.com 

Also advise, how can I install same license on my test url http://carnity.org it's only for testing and using the test license of IPB.Thanks

So that bug dont work in main site and only work in test install to disappear, very strange behavior.

How can i officially inform you that we have bought this menu for carnity.com and we using it on test board (always offline mode) at carnity.org?

Appreciate any instructions to upgrade it, as I renewed support and got the v32_33_34-Promenu_Plus-3.2.2.zip. Thanks

Finally I installed in test mode and it worked cured that double highlight bug, it's no longer there. Thanks a ton, guys.

However color change to default IPB blue, please advise how to bring it back to my red?

Secondly something happen, that now homepage menu hover over load dropdown vertically and inside pages loads first down and then right side (like before). How to change same for homepage as well. Thanks.

Gentle Reminder - III

Im sorry guys to be so pushy but since 7 days my menu at homepage is messed up. Please help.

​Support is not handled within this thread. All support is handled thru our bug tracker. This thread is for general discussion of the product, such as pre-sales questions. Any support questions submitted to this thread may not be answered in a timely manner. Please submit your issues to our tracker for faster responses.

With that said, have you tested it on a default IPS theme (that has not been altered in any fashion) to rule out any theme related issues?

As this issue seems to be js related, have you attempted to upload a fresh copy of ProMenu to the server overwriting the existing files?