Invision Community

There's no distinction in the Consumer Contract Regulations between products bought from home or overseas. Of course I downloaded it but that does not make any difference as I already explained about exemptions and the necessary provision which the seller has to make. That is outside of the fact that the 'product' was incomplete as supplied (and accepted by the author).

For information this is the only download I have ever had to cancel through this site and if you try to tell me that statutory protection will be ignored I'd think far more carefully about future purchases from community members I haven't got a personal track record of dealing with.

You would need to take it up with IPS, but I can only pass on my understanding of the law as you are not conducting business in the UK. If you spend over £100 abroad, then you are covered by the credit cards as you are in the UK. BTW - there is very limited recourse for software even in the UK, as there is nothing to stop anyone from downloading, cancelling and then continuing to use the software.

BTW - Promenu works just fine - I have been running almost since it came out and it is a great product. Give it another try :smile:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/can-i-get-a-refund-on-a-digital-download- is the info you need.

Edited by .Ian

I was being polite in my earlier response; the fact that the link to installation instructions was broken (and experience with other 'support' which is below expectations) left me with limited confidence at the point I was working against a deadline. You have control over the buyer experience in the context of instructions provided so please don't swing that around on the buyer. Under Consumer Contract Regulations in the UK the customer has a right to cancel within 14 days (unless you specifically ask the customer to opt in to an exemption of this for downloads) and the refund must be provided within 14 days of the cancellation - irrespective of whether the item is faulty or incomplete.

Let me be frank.

You posted in the middle of the night/early morning. I don't start work till 9 AM as i have kids to get off for school.

Digital downloads are considered services, we rendered said service, support is conditional, we offer it, you asked for support, it was provided in less than 3 hours after your original post.

we recently did a site merge of provisionists.com and codingjungle.com, you pointed out our redirects links are broken, which we are fixing now (I don't know about you, I don't go around to every post i've ever made to verify that links are still working). So i do apologize that portion is broken.

The installation instructions for promenu however are posted on our site, so I don't see what the problem is here.

If you are under that tight of a deadline for work or they gave you unrealistic deadline, that is not my problem to be honest with you. If you waited till the last minute, I can only suggest you plan better as I am a developer and have over 10 years in, so I know how deadlines work. 3 hours is a very good turn around for support, in fact its lower than what we state on our site, of 24 to 48 hours.

If you have a problem, please contact us on our contact form on our site, or send me a Personal Message here. I will be more than glad to listen to your grievance, and then robert and I will decide if a refund is warranted, cause of right now it is not, as your expectation was serious delusional considering it was posted in the middle of the night, and it was responded to with in 24 hours.

You would need to take it up with IPS, but I can only pass on my understanding of the law as you are not conducting business in the UK. If you spend over £100 abroad, then you are covered by the credit cards as you are in the UK. BTW - there is very limited recourse for software even in the UK, as there is nothing to stop anyone from downloading, cancelling and then continuing to use the software.

BTW - Promenu works just fine - I have been running almost since it came out and it is a great product. Give it another try :smile:

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/can-i-get-a-refund-on-a-digital-download- is the info you need.

Thank you .Ian for the Kudos. We do our best to provide quality products and services.

Thanks Ian; as the link shows it is dependent on the opt-in to waive rights. So under UK legislation there is a right to 'return' the item irrespective of condition but as stated, in my case, the product was incomplete.

I don't doubt it's a good product but I think I'll give it a miss after CodingJungle's approach below.

Let me be frank.

You posted in the middle of the night/early morning. I don't start work till 9 AM as i have kids to get off for school.

Digital downloads are considered services, we rendered said service, support is conditional, we offer it, you asked for support, it was provided in less than 3 hours after your original post.

we recently did a site merge of provisionists.com and codingjungle.com, you pointed out our redirects links are broken, which we are fixing now (I don't know about you, I don't go around to every post i've ever made to verify that links are still working). So i do apologize that portion is broken.

The installation instructions for promenu however are posted on our site, so I don't see what the problem is here.

If you are under that tight of a deadline for work or they gave you unrealistic deadline, that is not my problem to be honest with you. If you waited till the last minute, I can only suggest you plan better as I am a developer and have over 10 years in, so I know how deadlines work. 3 hours is a very good turn around for support, in fact its lower than what we state on our site, of 24 to 48 hours.

If you have a problem, please contact us on our contact form on our site, or send me a Personal Message here. I will be more than glad to listen to your grievance, and then robert and I will decide if a refund is warranted, cause of right now it is not, as your expectation was serious delusional considering it was posted in the middle of the night, and it was responded to with in 24 hours.

1. Of course the globe has time differences but if the seller's location isn't given then how is a seller to know whether you've just got up or going to bed.

2. If I'd been aware that there were no installation instructions in the download I wouldn't have bought it, every other product I've bought has included readme files and not been dependent on external links. For the sake of clarity after seeing the broken link I looked in the products area of Coding Jungle but could not find any reference to installation instructions so at least I'd tried to make up for your omission.

3. The reasons for the deadline are my concern and I don't appreciate the patronising approach you have adopted in the italicised content above.

4. Given your attitude I don't think I'd be particularly likely to buy anything from you in the future - a courteous apology for the inconvenience and an acceptance that you'd agree to a refund may have bought some future goodwill. If you choose to insult one customer who knows how many others you may put off?

Thanks Ian; as the link shows it is dependent on the opt-in to waive rights. So under UK legislation there is a right to 'return' the item irrespective of condition but as stated, in my case, the product was incomplete.

I don't doubt it's a good product but I think I'll give it a miss after CodingJungle's approach below.

1. Of course the globe has time differences but if the seller's location isn't given then how is a seller to know whether you've just got up or going to bed.

2. If I'd been aware that there were no installation instructions in the download I wouldn't have bought it, every other product I've bought has included readme files and not been dependent on external links. For the sake of clarity after seeing the broken link I looked in the products area of Coding Jungle but could not find any reference to installation instructions so at least I'd tried to make up for your omission.

3. The reasons for the deadline are my concern and I don't appreciate the patronising approach you have adopted in the italicised content above.

4. Given your attitude I don't think I'd be particularly likely to buy anything from you in the future - a courteous apology for the inconvenience and an acceptance that you'd agree to a refund may have bought some future goodwill. If you choose to insult one customer who knows how many others you may put off?

If you had taken 2 minutes to look around the site, you would have located the instructions with ease. These instructions are available for guest so there is no excuse for your failure to locate them. So considing the fact the we provided proper support to you in a timely manner (well within normal support paramaters on a thread that is not even the proper location for support of said product) and the instructions are clearly present on our site, I am washing my hands of this issue. I am reporting this issue to the IPS staff and they can deal with it accordingly.

If you had taken 2 minutes to look around the site, you would have located the instructions with ease. These instructions are available for guest so there is no excuse for your failure to locate them.

Sorry; I spent more than 2 minutes looking. I don't like the way either of you have spoken to me; I've not insulted you (it's very tempting too though given the attitude) and I think the attitude has been quite unprofessional which does you and even IPS no favours.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue but I won't let shoddy attitudes go without being addressed from the consumer's perspective.

Has there been an update to the latest release?

No we updated the links in the file listing, as our redirects were not redirecting, there appears to be a problem with our mod_rewrite (or our rules) cause they have stopped working and everything appears to be correct, so we figured it would be simpler to update them.

Should a dispute still exist, please open a PM with the Marketplace Staff, myself and Mark H.

Please note, the 3rd party developer cannot issue refunds.

Note official IPS support response time is 48 hours, IPS does not force 3rd party developers to have a faster response than ourselves. Generally, we consider 48-72 hour 3rd party developer Marketplace support acceptable if the developer does not have any SLA times stated with their product offering.

Hello Everyone,

CodingJungle here (posting from roberts account due the fact permissions seem to have been screwed up on the upgrade and non-active licenses holders can not post here, but codingjungle.com has 3 active licenses!), so any way. I want to let you guys know i've begun work on a new menu for IPS 4.0, I said in previous post we would begin work when IPS 4.0 entered into beta, and so we have.

If you are interested in being a beta tester, let robert or myself know here or in PM and we will get you account setup on our site with the beta group. Right now its not much to look at, as been messing with the back end, got some of it done already. You can create groups and menu items...thats about it.

This new menu is not called ProMenu as the Pro part was in reference to Provisionists and since we moved to codingjungle.com for the development aspect, it no longer fits. The working name right now is iMenu (corny i know), will probably change it to CJ Menu or something along those lines before the alpha.

We will be dropping the various block types we have now, and going with one called "magic block". It didn't make much sense to have them seperated, when IPS has a internal Template Engine that can handle PHP and the various template plugins (like content blocks), and with IPS 4.0 having the ability to autoload with namespacing, php blocks seem redundant as you can just use a FQN to point to a class and build your PHP in a class file.

I know some of you have been wondering how we will be handling the 3.x purchases of Promenu Plus and Basic to the new menu for IPS 4.0. Robert and I still haven't decided. It is sorta a tough decision to make. As this is a completely new code, a new product and a new company, we will continue to figure out the best way to handle ProMenu to the new menu.

Thanks Everyone,

CodingJungle

Very nice.  

I would expect captions like 'bw_menu_featured' (throughout) to become English-worded captions at some point.  Also, will the Magic Block size be definable?  It would be nice for that to have some default options, such as 50% width, etc., for non-programmers.

Very nice.  

I would expect captions like 'bw_menu_featured' (throughout) to become English-worded captions at some point.  Also, will the Magic Block size be definable?  It would be nice for that to have some default options, such as 50% width, etc., for non-programmers.

​Yep they are just lang string placeholders atm, didn't have them defined yet when i did the video.

Haven't fully defined the Magic blocks abilities yet, just have it going to the width of the content right now, will probably have a setting in there for it to size and different position options like to the left, center or right.

it has its own responsive menu built into it. the only skin we really say it is compatible with is the default skin, it works with a majority of others as long as the hook points are in place. It will more than liking need to be skinned for additional skins as well, as there is very little inheritance ability.

this is the second alpha showing of what is done so far. decided to drop jqueryUI core effects as they are not included in IPS by default and with promenu being globally loaded (always loaded) didn't want to run into any conflicts, So i've redone the slide effect for the submenus, and added in several of the other options for menu effects, including hover/click/hover then click from promenu 3.x as well as show/hide,fadeIn/Out and slidUp/Down. 

Lots still do as not everything works (as seen in the video) :).

Let me know what you guys think so far. btw the arrows are the default, you will be able to define a FontAwesome icon for each group in, i just do not have that configured yet :), so if you don't like them, don't worry you can change them later on :).

Haven't worked on the magic block yet, it is why it just sorta expands beyond the width of the window, will have configurable options for it in later versions. again, let me know what you all think, will have a demo of the "responsive" menu in a few days, have learned a lot since the 3.x responsive, so it wont be as it is :). hopefully will also have a demo of what "bw_menu_featured" and "bw_menu_popular" are :)

Showing off attach categories, include featured and include popular.

Basically what these three things are:

Attach Categories: This is just a generalized name, for the feature in Promenu 3.x of attach forums and attach categories. There are differences, mainly this will not create "editable" children menus, that will be controlled from the apps that has this feature. It was extremely complex how I had it in promenu 3.x and wish to keep it in iMenu, but make it work a lot better than it use to it. It was insane amount of code to keep the children menu synced with what was being done in the app. there were also numerious problems of extremely weird things happening when they were removed or moved out the parent, so they will only exist in the "cache" for iMenu. for people not familiar with the concept, basically if you have categories in the supported apps, this will attach them to that menu, using the permissions of those categories to determine if the end user can see them or not. with forums, it will list your forums/categories/sub-forums.

Include Featured: this is simple, IPS 4.0 introduces "featured", if the app will not support this feature, it will still work, just work differently. In the forums, it will look for featured topics, from a starting date range, and return results. if it can not find any results in the specified date range, it will drop the "date range" from its query, and randomly grab the set number of records, regardless if they are featured or not. it will then store them in a cache, the time to keep them in the cache, is by days, after the cache is expired it will pull new ones.

Include Popular: for forums this will basically, with in a number of days, pull the topics with the highest number of Replies, the cache for this will refresh by default every 30 minutes, or it can be configured, to keep the content fresh, in other apps it will use other criteria.
^ there will be an "extension" interface for these features, so apps that we did not include, can be built and included later on with a bit of effort, but nothing to hard (plan on doing up a guide once iMenu launches and I finalize everything involved).

I'm really happy with how iMenu is shaping up, have not gotten a lot of feedback, a few likes here or there and the "alpha/beta" we are running is still looking for people willing to test. so if you like or dislike something that you've seen so far, let me know or if you want to be in the alpha/beta, Please PM and I will create you an account on our site, and include you into the proper group.

We have not yet decided how to handle the upgrades from ProMenu to iMenu when it becomes available, we are strongly leaning towards if you agree to the new terms and renewal and have an active subscription to ProMenu, you will be added to iMenu customer list, this will also include basic owners (as there will not be a basic or plus edition, just the one edition as we would need to purposely gimp to make a basic edition and that goes against my ethos).
There will more than likely not be an actual upgrade path (where iMenu takes ProMenu data, and uses it), but this is not set in stone atm.

So again, let me know what you all think so far, any features you definitely want to see brought over from ProMenu 3.x to iMenu, or any features that you have in mind that wasn't in ProMenu. thanks.

Edited by CodingJungle
it had insane amounts of line breaks, not sure y?

Okay another alpha showing of iMenu. This time i am showing off some of the refinements i've made since the last video and more of the capabilities.

App menus that have attachment options, you can add menus children menus to it, but they will appear below the attachments. Magic blocks will convert into "mega" menus, having the children to the left, and the block content to the right. Children menus will not be able to be made into magic blocks or have the other two special features app menus can have (include featured and include popular), this might change, we haven't set it in stone yet.

another alpha showing video. pretty much showing what i have already, but much more refined this time, lots of the annoying bucks fixed, and i will be doing something different for the "slide" effect, as i don't much care for the way it is atm. let me know what you guys think :)

Wow, Absolutely brilliant, think going to have a job to better the ideas you have for any future releases.

Only thing personally I hate is the rotating cog at side of menu settings (admincp) ... but that is just me (likely am only one that finds it annoying)

Wow, Absolutely brilliant, think going to have a job to better the ideas you have for any future releases.

Only thing personally I hate is the rotating cog at side of menu settings (admincp) ... but that is just me (likely am only one that finds it annoying)

​lol the spinning cog was just me playing with the form class from IPS 4.0 wanted to see if it would work, in the final it wont be spinning.