Invision Community

Hello!

I`m using a custom skin, but i`m only able to edit/add the primary menu.

I cannot add a site/header or footer group menu. Did i miss something? i need to add a hook for to show a header menu?

(I want to show a menu above the userbar, is it the header-position?)

Thank you!

Hello, I'm using ProMenu Plus and am trying to create a menu that uses tags. I was wondering how I could make a block for promenu that would use a defined tag and then pull up those articles?

Like I have 3 articles that are tagged Healthcare and 2 that are tagged Personal Care.
I want to make a menu where it shows the tags I want as links, and when that link is clicked those articles with that tag are shown. So Articles -> Healthcare -> Articles with that tag
I'm a complete noob so the fact that I haven't broken anything, that I know of yet, is a miracle. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, I'm using ProMenu Plus and am trying to create a menu that uses tags. I was wondering how I could make a block for promenu that would use a defined tag and then pull up those articles?

Like I have 3 articles that are tagged Healthcare and 2 that are tagged Personal Care.
I want to make a menu where it shows the tags I want as links, and when that link is clicked those articles with that tag are shown. So Articles -> Healthcare -> Articles with that tag
I'm a complete noob so the fact that I haven't broken anything, that I know of yet, is a miracle. Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

well there isn't gonna be an "easy" way to do this.

your best bet is to create a new block in content, select custom for the type, then raw php for the content of it.

if ( ! $this->registry->isClassLoaded('cssappTags') ){
require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/classes/tags/bootstrap.php' );/*noLibHook*/
$this->registry->setClass( 'cssappTags', classes_tags_bootstrap::run( 'ccs', 'records-1' ) );
}

require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/classes/tags/bootstrap.php' );/*noLibHook*/
$tags    = $this->registry->cssappTags->search( array('test'), array( 'meta_app' => 'ccs', 'meta_area' => '1' ) );

this is a starting point, this will produce an array if the tags are found (here my tag is array('test'), you can supply multiple tags like array("test1","test2","etc"). This code block above will return an array similar to this:

Array
(
    [1] => Array
        (
            [tag_id] => 1
            [tag_aai_lookup] => 77d059ee05a2a10d2df04fee9be9e2fe
            [tag_aap_lookup] => e45e821fabea827bcd29c477de6ee088
            [tag_meta_app] => ccs
            [tag_meta_area] => records-1
            [tag_meta_id] => 8
            [tag_meta_parent_id] => 7
            [tag_member_id] => 1
            [tag_added] => 1408144752
            [tag_prefix] => 0
            [tag_text] => test
        )

[2] => Array
        (
            [tag_id] => 2
            [tag_aai_lookup] => 130b9af066e2cf40a99ec968d48b86d8
            [tag_aap_lookup] => bad12aa9c36b07df3326585c01fd16a2
            [tag_meta_app] => ccs
            [tag_meta_area] => records-1
            [tag_meta_id] => 1
            [tag_meta_parent_id] => 2
            [tag_member_id] => 1
            [tag_added] => 1408144895
            [tag_prefix] => 0
            [tag_text] => test
        )

)

this link here:

http://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/advanced-and-developers/application/application-extension-tags-r212 (scroll down to the heading "usage", and scroll down till you find the search plugin portion, it is near the bottom of the document).

it will go into more detail on how you can utilize this to retrieve the data from the database, and other articles in the knowledge base will be helpful to how to use this information.

you might want to search the marketplace, there might already be a content block that does this, if so, then all you would need to do is install it in content, then go to promenu, add a new menu item, and for the link type select "content block", and from the list on the right, choose it.

if you don't have content, you could choose "php block" if you have the pro version, and create it in there. but i would def recommend a content block first.

Hi, loving ProMenu so far! Couple things are stumping me though...

First up is Dock Menu works as it should and the menu stays at the top as a user scrolls down. However, the background is transparent once it docks and I can't find where to change that.

mg770u0.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="mg770u0.png">

Next up is what happens on mobile phones. I've played around with settings, and all it does is this weird minimalist type of menu bar as seen in the screenshot I took on my phone. How can I have that set to the standard menu, as well as edit the colors for that one?

oFnBzEG.jpg' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="oFnBzEG.jpg">

Thank you for your time!

Thank you so much for the help. Now my problem is that my menu is "sluggish" the dropdowns take a few beats to dropdown and to go away. If I go over a couple at once they all get stuck on the screen until I go over them again.

Been almost two weeks since my post.

Maybe someone here knows how to just disable the responsive aspect / make it so that the primary loads no matter what device the user agent is?

Been almost two weeks since my post.

Maybe someone here knows how to just disable the responsive aspect / make it so that the primary loads no matter what device the user agent is?

https://provisionists.com/tracker/_/promenu/problems-with-mobile-menu-r11

there is a bug report already on this, it will be fixed in the next version. topics make poor bug trackers it is why we implemented one and moved over support to our site. It is why there are times "support" questions aren't always answered here.

Pls, can somebody answer my question, too?

Hello!

I`m using a custom skin, but i`m only able to edit/add the primary menu.

I cannot add a site/header or footer group menu. Did i miss something? i need to add a hook for to show a header menu?

(I want to show a menu above the userbar, is it the header-position?)

Thank you!

https://provisionists.com/tracker/_/promenu/problems-with-mobile-menu-r11

there is a bug report already on this, it will be fixed in the next version. topics make poor bug trackers it is why we implemented one and moved over support to our site. It is why there are times "support" questions aren't always answered here.

Ah, much thanks. I didn't connect that known issue to what I was experiencing. Makes sense now that I re-read it.

Hello everyone, been awhile.

to bring up to speed, we will just be continuing this line of promenu for IPS 3.x as is, only bug fixes no new features or anything like that. it is why 3.2.2 wasn't a huge release and some of the features i've showed off in this thread were not included (and also they were mostly lost when my computer went to the silicon heaven).

so i'm here, to ask you guys what you like about 3.x version of promenu and what you didn't like, cause as most of you know IPS 4.0 has been released as alpha, so beta's aren't to far behind and eventually with in the next 6 months i'd say 4.0 golden will be out (don't quote me on that as i have no official word on it, i just have a hunch and being a developer myself more or less a good idea of when something is "golden" :))

IPS 4.0 has some interesting things in it already, like widgets and a new "mobile" menu for responsive, that might conflict with some of the things in promenu 4.0 (like what to do with the other 'bar' style menus on responsive). I know our own "responsive/mobile" menu introduced with promenu 3.2 wasn't wildly popular as a lot of people didn't seem to understand why it was there and there was a nasty bug for awhile that wouldn't allow it to be "disabled".

so i would like to get an idea from our clients what you would like to see kept, what you would like to see go, and if anything what you like to see added. please feel free to contact me here thru a PM, leave a post here, email me codingjungle@gmail.com, or head over to https://provisionists.com, as we have several forms of communication over there as well you can let us know what is on your mind.

I can't promise everything from 3.x being brought over, due to some of the core changes happening in IPS 4.0, just not to sure without getting my hands on the full suite and am able to figure it all out :).

I have my own ideas for promenu 4.0 that i will writing an article about later on provisionists to let you know what they will be (once i confer with robert on what he thinks as well, as this isn't just my project :)).

so again, let us know what you would like to see for promenu 4.0 or just let us know where we screwed up with 3.x :)

The only irritation for me is the lack of a 'next' to go from the options to the permissions screen when setting up a menu.

Apart from that, I honestly can't think of too much more.

I am guessing we will have to purchase again for V4?

The only irritation for me is the lack of a 'next' to go from the options to the permissions screen when setting up a menu.

Apart from that, I honestly can't think of too much more.

I am guessing we will have to purchase again for V4?

we have not made a decision on if we will recharge or how to handle transition from 3.x to 4.0. We would welcome ideas on what people think about this however, how they would handle it and why. the feeling in the third party community is very mixed on this subject, some will see it as a new product as it will require a complete rewrite (which 3.x of promenu already was, and our original idea was only to migrate over who had actually bought version 2, not the ones who grandfathered in from the first version, but we eventually made 3.x a bit more module and were able to offer a 3.x package to those clients, that is what is currently promenu basic).we will not be offering plus and basic packages for 4.0, as it is often confusing and has led to several people purchasing the wrong one. Other developers feel it would be wrong and will just replace their current 3.x packages.

So we have not decided but we will announce it once we decide on a decision that we feel will be both fair to our clients and to us the developers :).

Hi,

I've just purchased the app and downloaded it but the only reference to installation seems to be the Start_here pdf but the link given http://codingjungle.com/tutorials.html/_/promenu/does not work.

Where can I find the install instructions please?

steve00 is correct. Promenu installs like IPS applications. Appologies on the link. We are reconstructing our tutorials and we changed the location for the promenu installation link. I have setup a 301 to redirect everyone too the link steve00 posted.

Thanks both,

I should have just winged it but as reference was made to having to change some settings I thought I'd best play on the safe side. Unfortunately I needed to get it implemented straight away so I had to make the call to cancel the purchase and request a refund. Apologies from my side.

Thanks both,

I should have just winged it but as reference was made to having to change some settings I thought I'd best play on the safe side. Unfortunately I needed to get it implemented straight away so I had to make the call to cancel the purchase and request a refund. Apologies from my side.

I have no control over the marketplace and how they handle refunds, but considering you just made the purchase today and proper support was provided within hours of you making the purchase/post for assistance, if asked I would decline your request.

proper support was provided within hours of you making the purchase/post for assistance

I was being polite in my earlier response; the fact that the link to installation instructions was broken (and experience with other 'support' which is below expectations) left me with limited confidence at the point I was working against a deadline. You have control over the buyer experience in the context of instructions provided so please don't swing that around on the buyer. Under Consumer Contract Regulations in the UK the customer has a right to cancel within 14 days (unless you specifically ask the customer to opt in to an exemption of this for downloads) and the refund must be provided within 14 days of the cancellation - irrespective of whether the item is faulty or incomplete.

RMweb - as a fellow UK resident you are wrong. First of all you are purchasing via the USA and secondly you downloaded the software. Unless you can show a fault in the software which the authors refuse or unable to fix and it does not work with IPB, then yes you may be entitled to a refund.

The 14 day consumer law does not apply here.