Invision Community

Been working on promenu 3.3.0.

I believe this will simply be a maintenance release (why not broke my own rule for 3.2.1 to add features, and breaking it with 3.3.0 just for a bug/maint release, gotta restore the balance!), with a lot of fine tuning of the code and the current feature set. there are a few things that will be added, that will ease in using promenu remotely (like on another site or if you have an sso for another software and you want to keep your menu's similar as perms or group visibility will only show menus that have guest perms/visibility).

with all the fine tuning i have done so far, there was a casualty, mega menus. I've changed the way ProMenu renders the menus, to clean up the code for responsive and the regular menus, and to clean up the code for future porting (like the content plugin for it, was an absolute mess, so was the export custom groups, riddled with numerous bugs that have now been fixed for 3.3.0), with the new way, its made building the mega menus properly almost impossible. I have not given up all hope that i can restore the functionality, but it might not be available in future versions of promenu if i am unable too.

i will keep you guys informed as i progress in the new build. I can't give a date when it will be released as i have a few other projects to work on this week as well.

found the issue, it was working at one time not sure what changed that would cause it not to work.

download this, upload the contents of the upload folder to your IPS root (where the admin folder is located), it will replace skin_menus.php in promenu's skin_cp folder. this is for any one with IPS 3.3+ not 3.4+.

hotfix-334.zip

Last question: how to do easily menu with multilevel dropdowns with all categories from board?

Use the "Attach Forums?" option at the bottom of the menu item. This option will appear when choosing forums for the application to link the menu item too.

post-127210-0-41990900-1402331559_thumb.

sorry should expand on this a bit more, you can link forums automatically without having to use forums attach. you can click on the 3 line menu in the action bar, there will be an option in there for "Add Forum Links", a window will pop-up asking you to select which forum, then click on add.

post-355173-0-65831900-1402462821_thumb.

post-355173-0-33352000-1402462822_thumb.

Hello,

thank you, but I found it before my question. It's good for few forums, not for a almost one hundred. ;)

Also - it doesn't work properly on board with SEO disabled. There is missing 'index.php?' part in the URL.

I'm not sure why, it is one thing i did test before we released it.

$c['url'] = $this->registry->output->buildSEOUrl($c['url'], 'public', $c['forums_seo'], 'showforum');

$c['url'] is set to 'showforum=#', so it should be returning properly with or without friendly url's enabled.

I'll test it again, to verify.

edit: okay i see where the problem is, it will be fixed in 3.3.0

edit2: hotfix-321-2.zip

this should fix the problem currently in 3.2.1 of promenu, so no one has to wait for 3.3.0 which might be a week or so away.

I'm planning on buying this. Will my new menus look the way they do now (as in the same coloring, look, etc) or will they look any different?

if you are running the default skin, then the answer is yes. if you are not, it will inherit the primary row's color, but the submenu's will need tweaking (same with hover colors). Promenu's css is for the most part documented in the areas that need changing to change color's to match most themes.

If you need assistance with this, i'm sure myself or robert can find the time to help you with it.

if you are running the default skin, then the answer is yes. if you are not, it will inherit the primary row's color, but the submenu's will need tweaking (same with hover colors). Promenu's css is for the most part documented in the areas that need changing to change color's to match most themes.

If you need assistance with this, i'm sure myself or robert can find the time to help you with it.

Okay so the main menus will look like they do now--I will just need to (or get help with) tweak the CSS for the submenus?

Alright I have bought and installed it. I am wondering where do I upload the "Extra" folder (of icons) to on FTP?

Thanks

You don't upload the actual folder. This folder is provided so you can have the unmodified images used in the master theme. If you just wish to use what is already available, just make a copy of the promenu folder in the public/style_images/master folder and add it to the themes you already have installed.