Extra Topic Entrance Settings/Restrictions

NenaDice

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Extra Topic Entrance Settings/Restrictions

File Submitter: NenaDice

File Submitted: 30 Jan 2013

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This application will add 6 extra permissions for your members to enter topics. You can exclude group/s from each permission.

The permissions can be added added for each topic separately and they are as follow:

1) Number of Posts.
You can set a minimum number of posts for your users to enter a particular topic and/or topics.

2) Daily Posts
You can set a minimum of posts that your users can make on daily basis in order for them to enter a topic or topics.

3) Number of Threads
You can set a minimum number of threads for your users to enter a particular topic and/or topics.

4) Days Registered
You can allow access to a topic or certain topics only to members who have been registered for a certain period of time. This can come in handy to protect your forums from spammers for example.

5) Likes/Reputation Points
You can allow access to a topic or certain topics only to those members who have received a number of likes/reputation points, i.e. the popular members if you will.

6) Minimum Age
If you want to restrict access to a topic or certain topics to user under a certain age, then this is setting is for you. If an user did not add the birthday details in their profile, they will get an error message when they will try to access the age based topic/s.

7) Exclude a group/s from each topic entrance restriction/s.
Installation and Configuration:

To install this application, upload the admin folder inside the Upload folder to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Admin Panel->Applications & Modules->Manage Applications & Modules and on the right side where it says: Applications Not Installed you will see a new application added called: Extra Topic Settings. Click on the install button.

To configure it go to the Other Apps tab then from the drop down list choose Extra Topic Settings and it will take you to the Application 's Management Area area where you can configure it accordingly to your
needs/likings.

For more info on how the application looks like when being used, please check out the attached screenshots.

here to download this file

• 11 months later...

Can this be set so the member can view a topic, but not participate? Specifically, I'd like all members to be able to see a poll, but restrict who can vote.

No, it will restrict them from entering the topic. What you are looking for is something outside the scope of this mod btw.

• 6 months later...

www.forumpalmeiras.com.br

user: teste

password: teste

You let me know the moment you will look at this and that is when I will try to restrict by age..I won't until you give me the go ahead because it is blocking everything

I am online now. So if you can set up the age restriction and post here the link to the topic I will check it out.

I am online now. So if you can set up the age restriction and post here the link to the topic I will check it out.

http://www.forumpalmeiras.com.br/index.php?showtopic=313

so in panel i put id 313... it appear to recognize..

but then another area of the forum for example

http://www.forumpalmeiras.com.br/index.php?showtopic=316

is asking for age 18 as well

Can't have it blocking every topic for now...Going to enable all my hooks and delete the setting I had created in testing out your app

Looks like you have another app that does something like this..can't you give me that one? Maybe your other app will work

Personally I can not reproduce this. Nor does anyone else reported a similiar issue.

Anyway, I would need full admin&ftp access to check this thoroughly. If you can pm it to me I will check it thisi week-end.

What other app are you talking about btw?

Personally I can not reproduce this. Nor does anyone else reported a similiar issue.

Anyway, I would need full admin&ftp access to check this thoroughly. If you can pm it to me I will check it thisi week-end.

What other app are you talking about btw?

Have to check with my associates if they are ok with this and you testing this weekend.

The other app >

I saw you commenting there so assumed it was yours as well.

Your attention to this matter is mind blowing..worst service ever..!!!

When you told me you were online I provided screenshots and offered joint session and you just disappeared

For those of you contemplating dealing with this developer...I suggest you think long and hard about it... Horrible post-sales support

He/she ignores this thread and then gets mad when you send a pm and tells you to read his/her signature and accuses you of trying to get support for free!!!

what a joke

I will escalate this...If needed chargeback will be initiated..No way should this person keep the money

Your attention to this matter is mind blowing..worst service ever..!!!

When you told me you were online I provided screenshots and offered joint session and you just disappeared

For those of you contemplating dealing with this developer...I suggest you think long and hard about it... Horrible post-sales support

He/she ignores this thread and then gets mad when you send a pm and tells you to read his/her signature and accuses you of trying to get support for free!!!

what a joke

I will escalate this...If needed chargeback will be initiated..No way should this person keep the money

I can not be online for ever. And I told you to not keep pming because you did so every day. You were very very impatient.

And I also asked you to provide admin and ftp info for me to check the issue. And you did not provide the info that I asked for. Short of developing psychic powers there is not much that I can do without checking th eissue first hand at your forum/server environment.

P.s. That the mod works fine is very easy to proove. All mods here before being approved, are checked thoroughly by the Marketplace mods.

Archived