Additional IPS option request

RPG-support

Sometimes I visit one IPB-dedicated forum where some Russian speaking users ask questions regarding the bugs in IPB and how to improve them. In most cases the bugs are connected with using of the pirate ("nulled") copies of IPB and its addons. So, it would be the good idea if we have some page here where we can check if some domain name was licensed to use the IPB and addons. Otherwise we have a lot of bugs which are seamingly connected with the official IPB products. Please, help.

They've said on numerous occasions that this is never going to happen. It just encourages witch-hunts by overzealous fans and gives people a bad impression of the company. If you suspect that a site is nulled, then just report it and move on - it's not your job or responsibility to be IPS' copyright police - they have people for that.

• Management

The problem is, a site may be licensed, but not entered correctly into our license system (they could have changed the path from /forum to /community or moved it to the root) - so we don't want sites vilified by inaccurate information. As mentioned, it's best to let us handle enforcement - but we do appreciate the reports!

They've said on numerous occasions that this is never going to happen.

I have information about dozens of nulled forums of IPB since owners are asking for support on the above mentioned forum.

It just encourages witch-hunts by overzealous fans and gives people a bad impression of the company.

It just your imagination. Nulled versions make bad impression because of thousands of bugs and back-doors in them.

If you suspect that a site is nulled, then just report it and move on - it's not your job or responsibility to be IPS' copyright police - they have people for that.

I am very happy to see that the IPS has the lawyer in your face. ;) I was asking just for my own cases said in the first post.

The problem is, a site may be licensed, but not entered correctly into our license system (they could have changed the path from /forum to /community or moved it to the root) - so we don't want sites vilified by inaccurate information. As mentioned, it's best to let us handle enforcement - but we do appreciate the reports!

Is it possible to know the asnwer for the reports? For my own sake. For example, owners of nulled IPB may be ignoring that all their problems may be caused by the nulled systems backdoors. So, I need some confirmation to show the owners.

Archived