Report Troll Or Spam Post

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Report Troll Or Spam Post

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 21 Jan 2013

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will add a new link on each post of selected forums, to selected groups, to users report posts as troll/spam. When the post is reported the number of times set by admin, a report will be created on Report Center and the post will be automatically hidden.

here to download this file

Instead of moving to new page with info that it is not allowed to report the post another time the much better solution would be displaying toggle notification at the top of the page.. the typical one used within IPB.

Also, I have set 5 reports to create a report to mod, however it created the report just at first spam/troll report.

• 1 month later...

To rename the button, search for reportTrollSpamPost on your Manage Languages (Look & Feel).

I don't know if it's a good idea to remove the default REPORT button... but you can make your own tests by disabling the groups that can submit reports on Admin CP -> System tab -> Plugin Manager -> Forum Plugin v1.0 or you can simply disable that plugin.

• 1 year later...

Hi Adriano!

The logic of forums selection where users will can report posts as TROLL/SPAM should be "Exclude forums where...", not "Select forums where...".

If I'm going to add 5-6 new forums monthly, my head will get spinned right round after updating all the hooks settings like this where I have to select target forums.

Thx.

Archived