"Remember Me" working even when not checked

PalmTalk

Ever since updating to 3.4.1 I, I and other users, are logged in when returning - even if they uncheck the "Remember Me" box.

This is distressing to Admins and Mods who are used to logging in with the "Remember Me" unchecked and just leaving without signing out. But now, when they return they are still logged on - not very secure.

Has something changed in this latest version?

I have also noticed that when using Safari on my Mac if I log out and close Safari - when I come back using a new Safari session I am still logged in. But the funny thing is that if I log out, surf around a bit using the same session and return to the forum, I am still not logged in. It is only if I close Safari and start a new session that I am "Remembered" and still logged in. This happens using Camino as well. But not Firefox.

Surprising, that this isn't considered a critical bug that would cause an instant notification and hot fix for every board owner.

On public computers, the next person who visits the board will have access to all private messages of the person who thought he safely logged off. Even the private address might be exposed if there are Nexus purchases.

And what if admins have not stumbled over this bug report and use a public computer to log in? The next person can wreck the whole board with mass deletes.

Archived