(ZoZ) My Topics in user info panel

A Zayed

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (ZoZ) My Topics in user info panel

File Submitter: ZaIeD

File Submitted: 12 Jan 2013

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook shows a member topics in his user info panel in topic view with marquee effect to top. The Hook has the following features:

- Enable or disable hook.
- Select user groups that can view topics.
- Select forums to show member topics in.
- Specify the title of hook.
- Limit number of topics to view.

here to download this file

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way for it to not be viewed as marquee?

From Admin CP -> Look & Feel -> Click the skin you need to edit -> Global Templates -> MyTopics

Replace this template content with:

</br>
<div style='border: dashed 1px #dbe4ef; width: auto; padding: 10px; margin: 3px; font-size: 11px;' class='rounded'>
<b>{$this->settings['topics_user_info_pane_title']}</b>
{$mytopics}
</div>

• 3 months later...

This is a neat hook, I like the idea behind it :). TY.

I think I found a bug, I cannot seem to make the problem happen unless this hook is enabled.

Under any forum with an announcement + hook enabled, it throws a Driver Error, when viewing the announcement. Here is the error:

Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY start_date DESC LIMIT 0,5' at line 1
 IP Address: xx.xxx.xx.xx - /forums/index.php?/forum-2/announcement-1-site-feature-breakdown/
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: SELECT tid,title,starter_id,start_date,forum_id,approved,title_seo FROM ipb_topics WHERE approved = 1 AND starter_id =   ORDER BY start_date DESC LIMIT 0,5
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3833) : eval()'d code        | [ZozMyTopicsUserInfoPanel].userInfoPane                                       | 5                 |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

Anyway I disable the hook and my announcements work fine again. I think its because an announcement is not a topic per say so it gets confused seeing those requests (ORDER BY start_date DESC LIMIT 0,5). Also if I disable it for the forum I am viewing the announcement in it displays it fine, even if the hook is enabled but any forum you view the announcement + hook enabled in it, it will crash.

This is a neat hook, I like the idea behind it :smile:. TY.

I think I found a bug, I cannot seem to make the problem happen unless this hook is enabled.

Under any forum with an announcement + hook enabled, it throws a Driver Error, when viewing the announcement. Here is the error:

Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY start_date DESC LIMIT 0,5' at line 1
 IP Address: xx.xxx.xx.xx - /forums/index.php?/forum-2/announcement-1-site-feature-breakdown/
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: SELECT tid,title,starter_id,start_date,forum_id,approved,title_seo FROM ipb_topics WHERE approved = 1 AND starter_id =   ORDER BY start_date DESC LIMIT 0,5
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3833) : eval()'d code        | [ZozMyTopicsUserInfoPanel].userInfoPane                                       | 5                 |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

Anyway I disable the hook and my announcements work fine again. I think its because an announcement is not a topic per say so it gets confused seeing those requests (ORDER BY start_date DESC LIMIT 0,5). Also if I disable it for the forum I am viewing the announcement in it displays it fine, even if the hook is enabled but any forum you view the announcement + hook enabled in it, it will crash.

Thanks for your feedback..

solved in next version

• 3 weeks later...

This hooks needs to be able to allow the admin to choose which forums to retrieve the last topics from.

As of most recent bug fix:

"Solved problem of permissions, now topics pass by forums perms"

So it should filter with permissions correctly, if members aren't allowed to view a certain forum by default (as in the level that member is, if they are V.I.P posting in V.I.P. forum, no other 'regular' member should be able to see V.I.P. topics that person has posted..)

----

I have a question.

Anyway to allow a collapsible block on everyones 'My Topics' block? I tried a few ways using div's but the farthest I got was, on any members post clicking the 'toggle' button it would just toggle the first posts 'My Topics' block. Is there any easy way to create drop downs for each separate person's post? I think this would look a bit cleaner as the block can get quite big (I know of the limit of topics shown, still long topic titles can make for a big block)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived