Ads in specific forums

A Zayed

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Ads in specific forums

File Submitter: ZaIeD

File Submitted: 12 Jan 2013

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook allows you to ad custom ads (HTML or Javascript code) in forums you select, this is more useful for those suffering from Adsense block in some forums in their boards. The hook has the following features:

- Enable or disable system globally
- Select user groups that can view ads
- Select forums that can view ads
- Ad code for forum view header
- Ad code for forum view footer
- Ad code for topic view (inside first post)
- Ad code for topic view header (NEW - version 1.3.0)
- Ad code for topic view footer (NEW - version 1.3.0)

here to download this file

Thank you for sharing this hook, it's exactly what I've been looking for! I am using it to show guest users an advertisement in the first post.

Would it be possible to show the ad code for topic view in the first post of every page, instead of just the first post on page 1?

Ahmm, could do so by a simple trick.. I will add this to the next version

That would be great!

I also noticed that the topic view ad code shows up in the mobile template. This makes it difficult to properly place, since I use different ads on the mobile view. I wonder if it would be possible to disable it from being displayed on any mobile template?

Thank you for all your hard work!

Hi can this be done multiple times? As in set it up so each forum has a different ad?

You can insert what ever you want in the code box.

--------------

Edit: for your purpose, actually this hook won't help..

You can use forum permission panel to show ads per forum --->

From (Admin CP -> Forums tab -> Click the small down arrow beside the forum you want to give ad -> Forum Rules...)

I hope this would help :)

Hi can this be done multiple times? As in set it up so each forum has a different ad?

Not sure I was meaning something like the subforum called "General Discussion" to have ads from google where the subforum "Food Discussion" to have ads from Yahoo etc

It does not support that functionality, you can only have one set of ad codes.

• 1 month later...

This is the second plugin of its type that I tried and on my installation I am getting this error:

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Class 'AdsInSpecificForums_TVFP' not found in /home/domain/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3817) : eval()'d code on line 4

I am on 3.4.3 version. What can be the issue?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for the great mod. Came in handy for me. My question is, is there a way to show the ads on the TOPIC view like on the forum view. I don't want the ad to show on the first post but rather just in the same exact spots shown in the forum view (ie top and bottom). For me ads inside the first post is too intrusive but the normal top and bottom ads are ok.

• 1 month later...

Archived