January 10, 2013 in Feedback
I would like to request IPS invest in more recent joomla version converters. With the only converters being for joomla and kunena 1.6, anything more recent is up a creek.
1.6 is very old in the CMS world.
I won't go into what I've gone through the last week trying to get a conversion going, but would like to just request an updated joomla converter be made available.
Have you submitted a Support Request (Client Area -> Support) for it? I've gone back and forth with various IPS folks (Ryan and Alex mostly) working out the kinks in the converters we needed, and a support request is absolutely the way request an updated converter IME. I know they do watch this forum, but it's really not the right place to have a conversation about converters and the details of your site. ;-)
Just make sure you give the request a clear title so they know who to route it to. In my experience those converter support requests will generally get a pass made on them each day in the late morning(ish) so make sure you do whatever you can during the day and get your side of the conversation (trying tweaks they made, analyzing the output etc) up to date each night so it's there waiting for them the following morning. Sometimes I would go back and forth with Alex several times a day, I think it just depends on the work load that day.
Yes, it has been sent via client support. But here is another place to drum up support from others that may be in the same boat.
I am going to forward this from the pre-sales forum to the feedback forum for you.
I too would be very interested in this tool to convert my Joomla 2.5/Kunena 3.0.1 forum to IPB
I believe it's been updated recently, however I will double-check on that.
Thanks! Is this converter in the downloads section?
Yes, under the IPS Extras category. :)
'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>
Thanks for your help and fast response. I will install my test board tonight and see what I can accomplish. Thanks again.
Not a problem - if you experience an issue that prevents the conversion from proceeding normally, then please do feel free to submit a ticket so we can investigate. :)
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started 14 hours ago
Started 20 hours ago
Started Yesterday at 05:11 PM