Gallery 5.0.3 is Pitiful for Members

jackflash

I hate to use the word pitiful when describing an IPS product, but the current gallery version (5.0.3) is just that from the member side.

Consider that when a member creates an album then tries to upload photos to it, this is what they see:

ips376775-1.png

Where's their "Select Album" button? ? With 5.0.3 there isn't one. A member must go to their 1. control panel, click on the 2. "My Gallery" link and than click on the tiny 3. "Upload" link. Not very intuitive.

This really makes the upload function found in the gallery totally useless for members.

If you're logged in as an admin though, you will see the below, which is the way that it should be:

ips376775-2.png

I receive so many questions from members asking how they are supposed to upload a photo and it's actually embarrassing to explain, not to mention time consuming.

Gallery 5.0.3 has been out since 07 November 2012 - 3 months now - I am begging IPS to please fix this. :sorcerer:

I love your products :wub: , I am just frustrated with this function of the gallery.

This is what members at my forums get. Looks pretty straight forward to me. Could be your permissions are wrong?

Here I've logged in as one of my members that I know has some images in their album. I clicked on the "Gallery" navigation main link then clicked on "Upload". No need to go in via the member's control panel although that's what I often do.

3DKiwi

post-75662-0-84922200-1357688174_thumb.p

You are running into a bug that has been fixed for the next release. This happens, and I do apologize - it is just the nature of software releases. It should be noted that the issue wasn't caught between versions 5.0.0 Beta 1 and 5.0.3, so it was only hit in specific circumstances that you happen to be running under now.

When 5.0.4 is released, the issue will be resolved as you noted. As a work around in the mean time, you can increase your per-user album limit which would allow the button to show.

You are running into a bug that has been fixed for the next release. This happens, and I do apologize - it is just the nature of software releases. It should be noted that the issue wasn't caught between versions 5.0.0 Beta 1 and 5.0.3, so it was only hit in specific circumstances that you happen to be running under now.

When 5.0.4 is released, the issue will be resolved as you noted. As a work around in the mean time, you can increase your per-user album limit which would allow the button to show.

Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Just a little frustrated from our users. I'll wait for the fix, increasing user album count will pose future problems for us.

Archived