WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a quick question, I had to change my site structure and I changed my forum from a subfolder to the root directory and changed my subfolder wordpress file name and had to changed both sites links. Do I need to change anything with the bridge? I'm having issues logging in right now.

Yes, you need to re-enter the details from IPB into the wordpress settings page, they have changed with that action.

I am just wondering if this would work if I moved my wordpress blog to a linux based server while the rest of my site was hosted on a windows 2008 server including the forum. IPB forum works fantastic on this server, but wordpress is just so damn slow. Basically is it possible to work and still login if my blog is located at blog.mysite.com and the rest of my site is located at mysite.com? Would IPS connect still be able to function properly?

I am just wondering if this would work if I moved my wordpress blog to a linux based server while the rest of my site was hosted on a windows 2008 server including the forum. IPB forum works fantastic on this server, but wordpress is just so damn slow. Basically is it possible to work and still login if my blog is located at blog.mysite.com and the rest of my site is located at mysite.com? Would IPS connect still be able to function properly?

Yes, that should be fine, I myself host wordpress on a different server.

?? no issues ? why i have issues with WP 3.8 e IPB 3.4.6 ?

What issues are you having? I'm running WP 3.8 and IPB 3.4.6, and haven't noticed anything.

Hello,

I'd like to inquire before purchasing this if I can do the following:

1. Integrate a IPB section on the front page of wordpress (something like the latest 2 topics). My guess is this would require rss + a wordpress plugin?

2. Any issues with Steam logins? '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Thank you for the time.

I know I couldn't get it to work with any social media logins (FB, Twitter, Google). I don't know about Steam though.

What issues are you having? I'm running WP 3.8 and IPB 3.4.6, and haven't noticed anything.

I know I couldn't get it to work with any social media logins (FB, Twitter, Google). I don't know about Steam though.

Thanks for the reply. What did you do for existing members who registered in with FB, Twitter etc? Is there some sort of conversion?

Thanks for the reply. What did you do for existing members who registered in with FB, Twitter etc? Is there some sort of conversion?

I wish their was. They just have to use the "lost password" link when they try to login, and reset their password. If I understand correctly, no password is ever stored in the IPB database, so I don't see how there could ever be a conversion.

I wish I would've known this earlier, I would of never had the option for my users to sign up with social media.

I wish their was. They just have to use the "lost password" link when they try to login, and reset their password. If I understand correctly, no password is ever stored in the IPB database, so I don't see how there could ever be a conversion.

I wish I would've known this earlier, I would of never had the option for my users to sign up with social media.

Ahh damn. Roughly half of my signups are through social media / steam. That's going to be a tough one. Decisions, decisions :/

Anyone here use W3TC caching plugin (or any other caching plugin)? Does anyone run into issue that it won't show a cached page because the user is logged in? I am wondering if IPS Connect does any type of cookie or something that may make the plugins think the user is logged in, even though I have logged out, cleared cookies, etc. Are there any cookies involved that could cause this type of behavior?

Hello

You tell about : This Is the URL The User Will Be returned to after logout

i put nothing, but what i have to put here ?

regards.

Your board url or WP home url? I'm beginning to debate the value of that option actually, as those are the only two url's I have ever seen entered, and both can be programmatically retrieved with the rest of the data provided/present in WP. I could simplify that, unless someone happens to have objections and uses that for some other URL....

Archived