WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible, yes. Available within this modification at stock? Unfortunately not, I am not able to efficiently hook into that loop. That said, the tools to access such data are present, and used on the view full posts page, where I can efficiently make the pull once and merge in.

-------------
Hello,
Thanks for the information. :)
Since this is the only feature that your app lack (and I need), I'd like to ask how much it would cost me to complete/finish this function. /I tried to reach you via PM but your mailbox is full./
Currently I have over 6k posts in wp and 2M posts in IPB with 20k users, so performance and mysql query optimization would be a must.
Thank you in advance!

Hi Marcher,

I am really hoping to get this resolved today. Any chance you could take a closer look now that I have done all you instructed me to do on my end? Thanks.

Alex

please follow up on your pm with me.

-------------
Hello,
Thanks for the information. :smile:
Since this is the only feature that your app lack (and I need), I'd like to ask how much it would cost me to complete/finish this function. /I tried to reach you via PM but your mailbox is full./
Currently I have over 6k posts in wp and 2M posts in IPB with 20k users, so performance and mysql query optimization would be a must.
Thank you in advance!

If your theme does this for comments already, it should work. I have it up and running on my site where it shows number of comments on each article and on our front page. I love this plugin as our forums are quite active and without it we likely wouldn't have any comments at all!

this is a good answer. :) I do actually store the topic's posts on the wp post as comments.

I'm back :smile: .

Now that I have the basic SSO working, I am stuck on a new problem. I inserted a topics widget on a WP page. When I click on a topic or a category for that matter, I get this error message:

The requested URL /json.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Here's what the API test results look like:

api test.tiff

I verified that the correct API modules are enabled. What should I check next?

Thanks,

Alex

I'm back :smile: .

Now that I have the basic SSO working, I am stuck on a new problem. I inserted a topics widget on a WP page. When I click on a topic or a category for that matter, I get this error message:

The requested URL /json.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Here's what the API test results look like:

attachicon.gifapi test.tiff

I verified that the correct API modules are enabled. What should I check next?

Thanks,

Alex

re-upload the contents of the /ipb/ directory in the mod download to IPB please.

Hi Marcher,

I made an update to my site and now I have the following problem with login from Wordpress:

1. User logs in from this page.

2. The login is successful on both Wordpress and IPB, but the user is redirected to this page.

3. The user sees this on the page: {"connect_status":"SUCCESS","connect_id":"1","connect_username":"alextstone","connect_displayname":"Alex Touchstone","connect_email":"alex@cadcamcan.com","connect_unlock":0,"connect_revalidate_url":"","connect_unlock_period":"15"}

How do I clear this up? Thanks as always for your help!

Alex

I clicked on the second link and now i'm logged with your admin account :

post-402739-0-50845900-1385303247_thumb.

Marcher,

My site was loading slowly, so my Host did two things without my consent. First they installed a cache plugin, WP Super Cache. That caused a lot of issue with user logins on the WordPress side. So I disabled the cache plugin, and as far as I had trouble shot all was well. Site was back to loading slowly.

Without my consent, they deactivated your IPSConnect plugin. Since then, whenever I log out on the WP side I can't log back in, but it keeps me logged in on the IPB side. When I clear cookies, all works well until I log back out. I can't log back in, but it keeps me logged in on the IPB side.

Any thoughts on what might be causing that?

I have re-saved the API and key settings on the WP side.

Marcher,

Without my consent, they deactivated your IPSConnect plugin. Since then, whenever I log out on the WP side I can't log back in, but it keeps me logged in on the IPB side. When I clear cookies, all works well until I log back out. I can't log back in, but it keeps me logged in on the IPB side.

Any thoughts on what might be causing that?

I have re-saved the API and key settings on the WP side.

Another plugin or theme will likely be the cause of this.

Thank you for the response. I'm also getting six forums posts for each WP post when I link them.

First they installed a cache plugin, WP Super Cache. That caused a lot of issue with user logins on the WordPress side.

I am going to say this once, and only once. If conflict is caused by another plugin, disable it. I will *not* sit here and attempt to make the mod compatible with whatever code xyz WP modder produced(to note, this is not because I'm being rude or inconsiderate, WP promotes these kinds of conflicts by design, and grants me 0 tools to work around them).

If this issue persists on the stock theme with all other plugins disabled I will be happy to look into the matter further however. :smile:

More details: It worked for a week just fine. Cache plugin installed...deleted.

Would deactivating the IPSConnect plugin cause an issue after reactivating it? (I saved settings again.) The only other change since I installed IPSConnect was the cache plugin, which has since been deleted. I even tried to purge the cache's settings. I'm wondering if I missed anything, speaking in general terms. I'm not to the point yet, where I'm asking anyone to dig into it.

BTW...when I login, it logs me into IP Board just fine, just not WP without clearing cookies, but it does make six posts on IP Board for each post I link from WP.

Archived