WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

Well I am trying to set this up, but now I can no longer access the WordPress admin. It seems to be working somewhat, but now I have no idea why I can not access the admin area anymore. Has anyone run into this and know how to fix it?

I'm having the exact same problem. Been talking with Marcher for about a week now, and he seems to be trying to work it out, but would love it if someone else has any input.

Basically what happens, at least in my case, is as soon as the plugin is added, activated and configured with the right info to WP, I get locked out. Only from WP though, IPB works as normal. The "register new user" from the WP login form redirects to IPB, as it should, so seems to be working. It just doesn't seem to add/merge any accounts on the WP-side of the equation.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having the exact same problem. Been talking with Marcher for about a week now, and he seems to be trying to work it out, but would love it if someone else has any input.

Basically what happens, at least in my case, is as soon as the plugin is added, activated and configured with the right info to WP, I get locked out. Only from WP though, IPB works as normal. The "register new user" from the WP login form redirects to IPB, as it should, so seems to be working. It just doesn't seem to add/merge any accounts on the WP-side of the equation.

Yes, this is EXACTLY what is happening. I have not heard back from Marcher at all over the past few days, but at least its good to know that he knows about it. The amount of times I have re-uploaded, installed and uninstalled has to be a record somewhere :)

I'm not sure what exactly some parts do - but when you make a post on Wordpress, the articles go on a certain section on your forums? And if someone clicks the article on the Wordpress website, does re-direct them to the topic on forums? Also, if someone comments on the article on Wordpress, the comment goes to the topic instead on forums? So basically the comment gets converted. If that's so, do the members get converted to a IPB Member and it gets added to the database?

Please answer those. If I think what I think this does, I am so buying this.

Hey, we just purchased your plugin and got it up and running on our site. It appears to be functioning, but there are a few quirks that we would like to work out.
First and foremost, our goal is to use IPB as our comment system for Wordpress. Based on our initial tests, this is working to an extent. However, new posts on Wordpress are being posted to IPB multiple times, and any comments added on that Wordpress post are being added multiple times.
I was experimenting with some of the settings, but I couldn't figure out the cause of this. Any ideas why this might be happening? Based on the API debug page, one section failed and three sections are listed as unknown.
Otherwise, if we can fix that, everything seems to be running solid. The only other thing I was curious about is if there was a way to loop through all previous posts and import them into IPB?
Thanks for your help!

One question before I give this a try:

I don t want wordpress to have copies of the ipb users, I only want the comments to stories to be from the IPB threads meaning I do not want 200.000 users to be copied and synced to the WP database. Can I for example sync thread 1234 from IPB to appear as a post on WP and have the comments from IP then if people want to comment they are sent to the IPB login/register and NOT the WP one.

please let me know

thanks in advance

Basically I only want the functionality of showing the comments from IPB under a post, even if I have to manually enter a IPB forum ID as a custom field on WP

One question before I give this a try:

I don t want wordpress to have copies of the ipb users, I only want the comments to stories to be from the IPB threads meaning I do not want 200.000 users to be copied and synced to the WP database. Can I for example sync thread 1234 from IPB to appear as a post on WP and have the comments from IP then if people want to comment they are sent to the IPB login/register and NOT the WP one.

please let me know

thanks in advance

Basically I only want the functionality of showing the comments from IPB under a post, even if I have to manually enter a IPB forum ID as a custom field on WP

This is not really possible. The modifications primary function is the SSO and ipsconnect member synch. The comments <----> posts functionality is secondary. The secondary functionality expounds upon data the primary function provides, thus they are intrinsically tied together.

I got the widgets to show. The one remaining issue I have is how WP Posts interact with IPB Posts. I have it set up for when I create a WP post, it should post a link in a topic to IPB. Instead of the link back to the WP post, it posts the whole WP post.

Did you lock configuration, or are you paying note to the by-post configuration?

Hey Marcher,

I still have a redirect issue on login, and a log out issue, and have a question regarding social logins.

1. After logging in through Wordpress I always get re-directed to the community index page. I believe I should be redirected to the page I was previously on.

2. And when I click sign out on a Wordpress page, I get redirected to the community index page and am still logged in. Maybe I am using the incorrect sign out link?

3. I allow users to sign up using the google,facebook, and twitter, but I can't seem to get it to work with Wordpress. When I try logging in to Wordpress with my credentials I get a log in error. Is there any way to get the social logins to work with Wordpress?

Thanks!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Hello MT,

Is it possible to show the number of comments (the number of posts in the topic) for each wordpress post on the wordpress frontpage? (also maybe a link the the specific topic?)

Thanks in advance!

Bumping same question for an answer :)

Hello,

Apologies for the delays here.

Is it possible to show the number of comments (the number of posts in the topic) for each wordpress post on the wordpress frontpage? (also maybe a link the the specific topic?)

Thanks in advance!

Bumping same question for an answer :smile:

Possible, yes. Available within this modification at stock? Unfortunately not, I am not able to efficiently hook into that loop. That said, the tools to access such data are present, and used on the view full posts page, where I can efficiently make the pull once and merge in.

Hard to sort through 32 pages of posts. Do I set up IPSConnect as the Master or Wordpress as the Master?

Wordpress is the slave, though at this point I believe you have gathered that through experimentation. The readme gives a step-by-step guide if you get stuck.

Edit now it's working :smile:

says fail and unknow but it's working!

attachicon.gifwork.jpg

Yes, I will be investigating and fixing that in the next update, the tests themselves are broken not the functionality.... possibly related to the switch to json on the failed status ones.

been toying with an idea (I have not borked my board in a bit so am having withdrawals :P ) using wordpress and ipb/ip content (so of course this plugin too) with disqus.

anyone using disqus for WP comments along with this addon?

I don't have the idea fully formulated enough to accurately describe it yet but was wondering.

thanks all :smile:

Hey Marcher,

I still have a redirect issue on login, and a log out issue, and have a question regarding social logins.

1. After logging in through Wordpress I always get re-directed to the community index page. I believe I should be redirected to the page I was previously on.

2. And when I click sign out on a Wordpress page, I get redirected to the community index page and am still logged in. Maybe I am using the incorrect sign out link?

3. I allow users to sign up using the google,facebook, and twitter, but I can't seem to get it to work with Wordpress. When I try logging in to Wordpress with my credentials I get a log in error. Is there any way to get the social logins to work with Wordpress?

Thanks!

1. Yes, it should, excluding an unauthorized user trying to visit an admin url. In that case i redirect to the logout return URL after login as that no-information stance is preferable to what wordpress actually shows here.

2. Can you try this with the default WP theme? this most often is the theme not using WP standards rendering my hooks moot or in conflict.

3. Have you set a local password for IPB? If you are trying your google, twitter, or facebook login with the password for the relevant service without actually having and using a local IPB account with a local password, that's simply not going to work.

been toying with an idea (I have not borked my board in a bit so am having withdrawals :tongue: ) using wordpress and ipb/ip content (so of course this plugin too) with disqus.

I don't have the idea fully formulated enough to accurately describe it yet but was wondering.

If the disqus plugin has an option to store comments locally, viably it should work IF the disqus plugin uses the standard wp_insert_comment WP call so that my hooks take effect. That's been a big if in practice however, that is untested.

If the disqus plugin has an option to store comments locally, viably it should work IF the disqus plugin uses the standard WP calls so that my hooks take effect. That's been a big if in practice however, that is untested.

LOL its those ifs that get me :P

I'll formulate it better in my mind and get it on "paper" and post the idea, then maybe we'll know better. its just the inkling of an idea right now.

Bumping same question for an answer :smile:

If your theme does this for comments already, it should work. I have it up and running on my site where it shows number of comments on each article and on our front page. I love this plugin as our forums are quite active and without it we likely wouldn't have any comments at all!

been toying with an idea (I have not borked my board in a bit so am having withdrawals :tongue: ) using wordpress and ipb/ip content (so of course this plugin too) with disqus.

I used the disqus comment system on Wordpress previously without any SSO issues. Everything seemed to be working properly.

1. Yes, it should, excluding an unauthorized user trying to visit an admin url. In that case i redirect to the logout return URL after login as that no-information stance is preferable to what wordpress actually shows here.

2. Can you try this with the default WP theme? this most often is the theme not using WP standards rendering my hooks moot or in conflict.

3. Have you set a local password for IPB? If you are trying your google, twitter, or facebook login with the password for the relevant service without actually having and using a local IPB account with a local password, that's simply not going to work.

1. What can I test to see why I keep getting redirected to the community index page. It should not be an admin URL or permission problem. I am generally reading a WP article when I log in.

2. I'll go ahead and give it a shot. I am using a child theme of the WP twenty twelve theme.

3. I believe I did try setting a local password when I created a user through the google login, and it still didn't work. But, I'm not 100% positive. So, if I understand correctly, if a user signs in using a social network no password is stored in the database unless they create a local password.

Hi Marcher,

I made an update to my site and now I have the following problem with login from Wordpress:

1. User logs in from this page.

2. The login is successful on both Wordpress and IPB, but the user is redirected to this page.

3. The user sees this on the page: {"connect_status":"SUCCESS","connect_id":"1","connect_username":"alextstone","connect_displayname":"Alex Touchstone","connect_email":"alex@cadcamcan.com","connect_unlock":0,"connect_revalidate_url":"","connect_unlock_period":"15"}

How do I clear this up? Thanks as always for your help!

Alex

Hi Marcher,

I made an update to my site and now I have the following problem with login from Wordpress:

1. User logs in from this page.

2. The login is successful on both Wordpress and IPB, but the user is redirected to this page.

3. The user sees this on the page: {"connect_status":"SUCCESS","connect_id":"1","connect_username":"alextstone","connect_displayname":"Alex Touchstone","connect_email":"alex@cadcamcan.com","connect_unlock":0,"connect_revalidate_url":"","connect_unlock_period":"15"}

How do I clear this up? Thanks as always for your help!

Alex

please re-upload IPB's /interface/ipsconnect/ipsconnect.php...... what version of IPB are you running?

Archived