WordPress IPSConnect

Marcher Technologies

I think I kind of asked this before, but didn't really get an answer.

I want a user, the first time he/she enters the forums, to have to create a Display Name.

I was playing around in the WP IPSConnect core code and found (I thought) where accounts are created, and set the display names to '' to see if that would work - but it didn't seem to.

Is there something in the code that you can suggest to modify so that WP IPSConnect does not set a Display Name. Or do you know of some setting/hook somewhere to force a first time user to create/change that display name?

Thanks

You may have to use email login type to avoid issues doing this. IPSConnect, the IPB master, actually uses the given username as display name if none given and username is given, if neither are given and email is, you would have the desired functionality.

For reference, IPB user creation is centralized in wpIpsConnect->register.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, ok! That would be fine. If it's not too much trouble, could it also be a part of a future update to make the "Topics" widget display on WordPress like the default "Recent Topics" widget on Invision Power Board? So thumbnail of user picture on left with topic title on top right and username + date on bottom right. Just as an option would be nice! Or at least option to import user picture so we can modify the rest with CSS.

Yes, I will be adding an option to display userphotos to the topics widget.

Updated today and saw this on settings:

XML-RPC Posting Defaults

Configure Defaults for the Master XML-RPC Posting

Post to Forum

Fatal error: Class 'wpXmlRpc' not found in /home/nuggetbr/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ipsconnect/sources/classes/settings/topics.php on line 42

Is this ok? Will comment threads still be created when I publish an article?

This is a great plugin and I am enjoying messing with the settings to get everything right. The ONLY thing I would ask for from this is two things:

The ability to sync up Wordpress Categories to Forum Categories, ie, Entertainment > Entertainment so that posts can go straight in without setting the category twice within wp-admin

The ability to bring the featured image in from the Wordpress post to appear within the topic that has been posted, as an image says a 1000 words and should be included.

Everything else apart from that is great!

Also, I have done all of the settings, and I posted one article which created a topic in the forums, however now all my new ones are not being added. I also attempted to add a number of older articles by selecting the forum category they should go into from within the edit post pages in Wordpress. However, only one of those posted as a thread in the forums. Not sure where I am going wrong and my server manager has confirmed I have set everything up correctly. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Ash

Hi Marcher,

The XMLRPC is working now. We have another question with regards to logins via facebook.

Does the SSO work with facebook logins?

Regards,

Muhammad Nuzaihan

if you mean IPB facebook login, it should, they are basically logging into IPB, any login method on IPB's end should be compatible(with a very notable exclusion of IPSConnect, do not enable that login module using this slave, it conflicts with itself basically :P).

Hi Marcher,

Our developer has some question with regards to the SSO.

Perhaps can we find out if the newer version (1.1.1 for wordpress 3.6.1):
- Does it override the default wp-login form and wp_signon functions?
- If signup is always done at IPB's end, does it help in mitigating the login issues over at WP? If so, is there code (more of a IPB question), that we can deploy outside of IPB for remote signups.

Hello,

The comments system is no longer working for me =/ The latest article isn't having any comments synced whereas the article before it only had some of the comments sync.

I am looking further into this at this time, there must be a common cause, I will update the file when I have the issue sorted.... for reference, can I have a screenshot of the settings page of WP itself regarding comments paging?

Is it both ways or just one side not updating?

Hi Marcher,

Our developer has some question with regards to the SSO.

Perhaps can we find out if the newer version (1.1.1 for wordpress 3.6.1):
- Does it override the default wp-login form and wp_signon functions?
- If signup is always done at IPB's end, does it help in mitigating the login issues over at WP? If so, is there code (more of a IPB question), that we can deploy outside of IPB for remote signups.

this should answer the first question for him... or well maybe even both lol wp-contentpluginsipsconnectwp-ips-connect-core.php:

protected function _init() {
		$this->_loadSettings();
		if ($this->settings['masterUrl'] && $this->settings['masterKey'] && $this->settings['returnUrl']) {
			/*
			 * So... Umm... we REALLY on?(Install Error Otherwise)
			 */
			include_once ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/plugin.php';
			if (is_plugin_active('ipsconnect/wp-ips-connect.php')) {
				$this->settings['ipsConnectOn'] = TRUE;
				//add our 'live' actions/filters
				add_action('init', array(&$this, 'init'), 0);
				add_action('widgets_init', array(&$this, 'registerWidgets'), 0);
				add_action('user_register', array(&$this, 'register'), 0);
				add_action('wp_authenticate', array(&$this, 'checkAuth'), 0, 2);
				add_action('wp_logout', array(&$this, 'logout'), 0);
				add_action('wp_login', array(&$this, 'loginRedirect'), 0, 2);
				add_filter('user_profile_update_errors', array(&$this, 'checkFields'), 0, 3);
				add_filter('registration_errors', array(&$this, 'checkRegister'), 0, 3);
				add_action('delete_user', array(&$this, 'delete'), 0);
				add_action('wp_head', array(&$this, 'killAdminLinks'), 0);
				if (isset($_REQUEST['action']) && $_REQUEST['action'] == 'register') {
					$this->registrationRedirect();
				}
				add_action('lost_password', array(&$this, 'passwordRedirect'), 0);
				if ($this->settings['swapUCP']) {
					add_action('admin_print_scripts', array(&$this, 'killAdminLinks'), 0);
				}
			}
		}
		//add our 'admin' actions
		add_action('admin_menu', array(&$this->settingsClass, 'addSettings'), 0);
		add_action('admin_init', array(&$this->settingsClass, 'init'), 0);
	}

wp-contentpluginsipsconnectwp-ips-connect.php:

require_once 'wp-ips-connect-core.php';
$ipsConnect = wpIpsConnect::instance(); //request the instance.
/*
 * sighs, this is NOT how we roll in IPB
 * mutters, overload wp_logout
 * so I have the user ips connect_id if we livey.
 */
if ($ipsConnect->isEnabled()) {
    function wp_logout() {
	$id = get_current_user_id();
	wp_clear_auth_cookie();
	do_action('wp_logout', $id);
    }
}

I overload wp_logout to do what wordpress bloody should have done, give me the ID of the user logging out for the 'action hook'. >.> The rest is flat using their concept of 'action' and 'filter' 'hooks' to influence wordpress.

Hello,

I am looking further into this at this time, there must be a common cause, I will update the file when I have the issue sorted.... for reference, can I have a screenshot of the settings page of WP itself regarding comments paging?

Is it both ways or just one side not updating?

I believe it's just Forums -> WordPress. When I posted a comment from the WordPress article page it posted to forums fine.

'>

'>

I'm going to end up purchasing this soon Marcher -- Decided to run with WP for my site. I totally didn't even realize this was just a WP plugin that was doing all the bridging... thought it was an IPB addon that was actually grabbing stuff from WP not the other way around.

That said -- I have a custom register form via WP so when they fill out the form, it fills out information in their profile and want this to be shown in the IPB profile page. Will custom profile fields carry over to IPB?

I am working on this.... I have been able to determine this is not due to me changing to JSON, the data is getting pulled from IPB as it should, something in wordpress has changed and I need to account for it.

You have my account in your old mp.

seems to bo great app, i have some questions please before purchase it,

its possible to do searchs board topics on wordpress with this app ?

for example members can search on the blog without opening the board !

WordPress search is pretty terrible (my users wouldn't stop complaining) so I switched to Google Search. Because I search my domain and the forums are just located at domain.com/forums it searches both my forums and WordPress. I recommend doing that. There are many tutorials on Google.

Archived