Community

(IM) Custom Forum Blocks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mod Updated. - 2.1 - Fixed issue with mobile skin not working when turning this modification on. (this fix applies to the IPB 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 versions) Mobile skin should work now.

File Name: (IM) Custom Forum Blocks File Submitter: Vince G. File Submitted: 26 Dec 2012 File Category: Content Management Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x Im

That mod is a marketer's dream application! :drool: You can make specific side bars in topic or forum discussion for certain pages, user groups, etc. :sorcerer: Welcome back, Vince. Rober

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this app on a site running 3.4.1 and 3.4.3 (your version 2.0.1) and the hook knocks out the mobile version of the site.

Hey jackflash,

What do you mean by knocks out? I haven't tested this on a mobile version.

I'm going to test this on a mobile version, If it causes issues i'm just going to disable it for the mobile skin.

vince,

any way to disable this with the mobile skin?

There used to be a way with previous version so you might like to try while you're waiting for an answer:

Q: How do i disable the blocks for a single skin?

A:

Open admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php

Find:

/* (IM) Custom Forum Blocks */
            require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'customBlocks' ) . "/sources/library.php" );
        $this->registry->setClass( 'customBlocks', new customBlocksLibrary( $this->registry ) );
        $this->_html = $this->registry->customBlocks->wrapBoard( $this->_html );

Replace with:

if( $this->skin['set_id'] != X )
         {
        $this->registry->setClass( 'customBlocks', new customBlocksLibrary( $this->registry ) );
        }

Replace the X with the skin ID that you Do NOT wish to show the blocks.

Save and upload.

There used to be a way with previous version so you might like to try while you're waiting for an answer:

Q: How do i disable the blocks for a single skin?

A:

Open admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php

Find:

Replace with:

if( $this->skin['set_id'] != X )
         {
        }

Replace the X with the skin ID that you Do NOT wish to show the blocks.

Save and upload.

Thanks - I'll try this tonight.

Yeah unfortunately the above hack for the older version will not work in this case since you have no file edits in the newer version you won't find the above code.

Jackflash, can you please PM me a link to you board so i can take a look at it really quick.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^I agree, this looks like a fantastic mod. From the features list, it appears that you can allow members to collapse the sidebars and something will remember it (say a cookie?)? Some people have small res screens and having sidebars all over the place is very bad for some, so being able to collapse them where they want would be very good.

I also think the mobile skin issue would have to be fixed before I could purchase as mobile browsing is getting pretty popular I think.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...